An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bible Code

Paladin D

Total and complete fraud. You can likely do this with any book that is long enough. All you have to do is run the computer program to check for words or names that are found by pulling out(just for example) every seventh letter in a paragraph or chapter. You do this enough times, and you're bound to find out that the name Hitler is contained in the Bible. Some people are complete idiots.

I personally find it interesting. Whether it is real or not is beyond me. I tend to believe it first because it's not only Hitler's name being found, but Hitler's name criss-crossed and overlapping other words such as Holocaust, WW 2, etc.

Secondly, I would discredit it the first time someone legitamate to the study of the Bible Code claims to have predicted the future with it. It still holds water for me because this hasn't happened, and the "founders" say that they can't find anything in it unless it's already happened. (true to Jesus' teachings)

One Christian scienstist, has stated (by using the Bible Code) and other mathmatical caculations (and something having to do with the planets and their alignment)... that Jesus Christ was born on or around September 11th. Yet, I highly doubt this is true. But, who knows? He didn't use Bible Code alone.

But I'm still very skeptical, even though his information did look really convincing.

Circle_Master

One of the Church fathers said it was May 15th (I believe it was this date). Since you are the mighty Church father scholars, and I forget which one, find out for me and let me know :P

One Christian scienstist, has stated (by using the Bible Code) and other mathmatical caculations (and something having to do with the planets and their alignment)... that Jesus Christ was born on or around September 11th. Yet, I highly doubt this is true. But, who knows? He didn't use Bible Code alone.

But I'm still very skeptical, even though his information did look really convincing.

The packaging on Slim-Fast looks convincing, too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to drink it.

Not every convincing arguement is true, as I'm sure you are well aware of already. I do on the other hand find it strange claiming that someone finds things out by the alignment of the planets and nonsense like that.

I am more willing to accept the Bible Code because of what I have seen of it already and what the "founders" claim can and can't be done with it. The Bible Code doesn't claim to be able to predict or stop anything in the future from happening.

BTW, I read a horoscope once based on the planets and I'm supposed to be a millionaire or something by now and that hasn't happened. So much for planetary alignment. :D

One of the Church fathers said it was May 15th (I believe it was this date). Since you are the mighty Church father scholars, and I forget which one, find out for me and let me know :P

Since you are the mighty false accuser of Catholics and Catholic teachings, I suggest you prove it.

Pax Christi. <><

EcceNovaFacioOmni

How could the Bible code be legitimate? Are they doing this with English translations only?

Is there a separate Bible code for German, French, Spanish, etc.? What about the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic of the original texts? I bet they didn't think of that when they concocted this hoax. Why would it only work in one language? People keep getting dumber.

Edited by thedude

Check out what i found!!!

Matthew Chapter 7

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, and the evil tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be cut down, and shall be cast into the fire.

22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?

SO,,, i have now received the message: Beware of false protestants... Gather thorns and eat the devils

:o:o:o:o:o:o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :seesaw:

Check out what i found!!!

Matthew Chapter 7

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, and the evil tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be cut down, and shall be cast into the fire.

22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?

SO,,, i have now received the message: Beware of false protestants... Gather thorns and eat the devils

:o:o:o:o:o:o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :seesaw:

zuh?

How could the Bible code be legitimate? Are they doing this with English translations only?

Is there a separate Bible code for German, French, Spanish, etc.? What about the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic of the original texts? I bet they didn't think of that when they concocted this hoax. Why would it only work in one language? People keep getting dumber.

They did it from the Hebrew and only in the first 5 books in the OT.