Circle_Master Posted December 29, 2003 Author Posted December 29, 2003 :rolling: first time i ever felt it was necessary to use a lol smiley.
PedroX Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 Circle, Even though we've had our differences over on the debate table, I don't believe you mean to be an Anti-Catholic. However, you have to understand that many protestants have a subtle form of Anti-Catholicism. Telling jokes about Priests molesting children. Making comments when driving by Catholic Churches or Cathedrals. When I converted, I lost 75% of my protestant friends. And they went to an evangelical Presbyterian church. They would say they aren't anti-Catholic, but they spent countless hours trying to convince me that I was making the biggest mistake of my life. So, we all need to be careful of how our subtle biases come into play. They are there even if we don't always know them. peace...
Hazilloe Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 Most Catholics seem a bit anti-protestant as well. The feeling is mutual. I try not to be anti-protestant, and 99% of my friends are protestant, but it does sort of seep in at times. By the way, I tell priest jokes. My priest thinks they are hilarious. It's called humour. Am I an anti-Catholic?
PedroX Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 If you read the post, you saw that I wrote "telling jokes about priests molesting children." If you make these jokes, then yes you are anti-catholic, as well as being incredibly insensitive to the pain of thousands of people. If you are simply telling jokes about priests, then thats on your conscience. peace...
Circle_Master Posted December 29, 2003 Author Posted December 29, 2003 I know the power of the corruption of sin and I have great compassion for those that fall to it. You probably won't find me critizing anyone with a need to break a sin. And thanks for your honest reply, the atmosphere was getting a bit.. testy here today. Perhaps this will bring on some good discussion and lesson rhetoric and flames.
BLAZEr Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 The reality is that all of us should have a healthy zeal to bring others to Christ. As Catholics we know that Christ founded a Church and that his Church, his visible Body on Earth, is the Roman Catholic Church and those Churches in communion with her. In order to bring people more closely to Christ we bring them to the Catholic Church because her Sacraments are the efficacious means by which they will be transformed and renewed in Him. So, our hope is always that people will come to know the fullness of Truth about Christ's revelation. If you don't believe that the Catholic Church is Christs Church, you have to wonder whether salvation occurred for the first 1500 years after Christ. There were no other Churches, there were no other Christians. There were only Catholic Christians. Today, His Church continues to carry the banner for his full revelation, but his Body is fragmented and turned against it self too much. I agree with FX2, people who are not interested in Catholicism don't spend their free time visiting a Catholic webpage. So, I'm glad you're here Circle, and I hope you stick around. We love you.
Circle_Master Posted December 29, 2003 Author Posted December 29, 2003 If you don't believe that the Catholic Church is Christs Church, you have to wonder whether salvation occurred for the first 1500 years after Christ. There were no other Churches, there were no other Christians. There were only Catholic Christians. Today, His Church continues to carry the banner for his full revelation, but his Body is fragmented and turned against it self too much. This is again a common misconception. No protestant I know condemns the Catholic Church of 500 A.D., or 600 A.D., they condemn it around 1300 A.D., or 1500 A.D., or 1546 A.D., etc. We don't throw out the entire historical line, but see tradition as having been warped through those years, ever increasingly, until the Council of Trent, when certain things were declared finality.
foundsheep Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 This is again a common misconception. No protestant I know condemns the Catholic Church of 500 A.D., or 600 A.D., they condemn it around 1300 A.D., or 1500 A.D., or 1546 A.D., etc. We don't throw out the entire historical line, but see tradition as having been warped through those years, ever increasingly, until the Council of Trent, when certain things were declared finality. So are we admitting the Gates of Hell prevailed over his church around 1300?
MrsFrozen Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 By the way, I tell priest jokes. My priest thinks they are hilarious. It's called humour. Am I an anti-Catholic? You're priest laughs at jokes about priests molesting children? There's a difference between a "priest, rabbi, minister" joke and a joke about a priest molesting a child.
Hazilloe Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 oh heavens no. i'm sorry, i wasn't very clear. they were a priest, rabbi, minister type thing mabobber.
MrsFrozen Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 oh heavens no. i'm sorry, i wasn't very clear. they were a priest, rabbi, minister type thing mabobber. Oh! Well, as long as those aren't offensive, then I laugh at them, too. God bless. :)
Paladin D Posted December 29, 2003 Posted December 29, 2003 Circle, I'm glad your amongst the Phatmass community. We were missing a good healthy debater. Most of the people that have come here to debate, weren't all that good. They would side-step our questions, but at least you try to answer ours (even though some of them may be hard). Stick around, this community is for everyone, not just Catholics.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now