Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

GOD BLESS OUR NEW PHATMASS PRIEST


Recommended Posts

ForHimAlone
Posted

New Priest!!! :priest: :punk: :banana: :twist: :love: :twothumbsup: :woot: :yahoo:

Congratulations, Father Brian! I'll definitely be praying for you.

How did it feel to caress the sacred Body of Jesus for the first time?

Posted

Congrats Father Brian!!! :clap:

Posted

that is some major sweetness. Major congrads.

Posted

The midi to Te Deum! I found it at last!!! :drool:

God bless you Father....

JesusITrustInYou
Posted

Congratulations, Fr. Brian!!! :D: :clap: God bless you abundantly!!!!!!!!!

Fidei Defensor
Posted
:)

Congratulations!
Theologian in Training
Posted

Got my assignment yesterday, as well as some words of advice.

The words of advice: encourage vocations and confessions -- wear the clerics at all times, [b]except[/b] on our day off, when we go shopping, or sleep :) He also encouraged us to only wear black clerics, not brown, gray, pink, blue, yellow, etc. And, he said, if we have one and don't annoy the pastor by doing so, we are welcome to wear our cassock, though I don't have one.

The assignment is in a rough neighborhood that is 75% Hispanic. The pastor wanted an American priest in an effort to bring back more Anglos. The term is 6 years.

Fr. Brian

Birgitta Noel
Posted

Great advice!

SIX years?! :shock: That seems like a long assignment. Is that typical in your diocese?

Via con Dios Fadder ^_^

Theologian in Training
Posted

Oh yeah, effective June 13 (feast of St. Anthony of Padua)

And, everything is different, since we have a fairly new bishop.

Posted

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='995430' date='Jun 2 2006, 08:25 AM']
Got my assignment yesterday, as well as some words of advice.

The words of advice: encourage vocations and confessions -- wear the clerics at all times, [b]except[/b] on our day off, when we go shopping, or sleep :) He also encouraged us to only wear black clerics, not brown, gray, pink, blue, yellow, etc. And, he said, if we have one and don't annoy the pastor by doing so, we are welcome to wear our cassock, though I don't have one.

The assignment is in a rough neighborhood that is 75% Hispanic. The pastor wanted an American priest in an effort to bring back more Anglos. The term is 6 years.

Fr. Brian
[/quote]


for a minute there i thought you were a priest of Achdiocese of Washington... St. Mary of Scotland, SE DC

Posted

Congrats Father Brian :) Prayers are with you, and I hope you are feeling better too.

God bless!

Guest Rick777
Posted

Wow, Congratulations Father Brian!

Posted

Please pray by all means for me, lest perchance "when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway;" :)

Posted

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='995430' date='Jun 2 2006, 09:25 AM']
Got my assignment yesterday, as well as some words of advice.

The words of advice: encourage vocations and confessions -- wear the clerics at all times, [b]except[/b] on our day off, when we go shopping, or sleep :) He also encouraged us to only wear black clerics, not brown, gray, pink, blue, yellow, etc. And, he said, if we have one and don't annoy the pastor by doing so, we are welcome to wear our cassock, though I don't have one.

The assignment is in a rough neighborhood that is 75% Hispanic. The pastor wanted an American priest in an effort to bring back more Anglos. The term is 6 years.

Fr. Brian
[/quote]
^_^ congrats on your assignment! do you know much spanish? God bless you abundantly!

Theologian in Training
Posted

No, I don't know Spanish, which I have repeatedly told the pastor and thank you.

God Bless

Posted

JMJ
6/3 - St. Charles Lwanga

Congratulations!!! Ordination becomes, more and more, an ever-present reality for me. But I got three years yet before priesthood. :P:

Theologian in Training
Posted

Tomorrow I will return to the parish I was assigned as a deacon and say Mass for them. I will be a part of the last Mass of Easter...Pentecost Sunday :)

Of course, I asked the pastor to preach....I am still trying to get used to all the things saying Mass entails.

Please pray that I may offer the sacrifice to the best of my ability...it is at 11:00AM with a(nother) party to follow. All I know is I am not dancing this time....the pastor of this parish convinced me to swing dance with a girl I knew from my swing dancing days. The only reason I danced was because she was there...it was fun...but definitely not doing that tomorrow :)

God Bless

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='cappie' post='995964' date='Jun 3 2006, 12:09 AM']
Please pray by all means for me, lest perchance "when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway;" :)
[/quote]


That reminds me of

Lord keep me close to You all days, but especially this day, lest I betray You like Judas.

Posted

God's most abundant blessings to you, Fr. Brian.

Theologian in Training
Posted

[quote name='Seven77' post='995576' date='Jun 2 2006, 04:19 PM']
for a minute there i thought you were a priest of Achdiocese of Washington... St. Mary of Scotland, SE DC
[/quote]

No, if I had your email, you know where I am going, since only those who have my email from the phorum got a mass email from me a couple of days ago with the details of my assignment.

I can tell you though, it is not D.C.

God Bless

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...