An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'M SAD!

Sixtina87

[quote name='jgirl' post='993519' date='May 31 2006, 09:55 AM']
I'm pretty sure Sister Katie is becoming a novice on that day, but the entrance day has been pushed back to August 17th because of the addition. It's neat for me because my summer camp was going to be shorthanded, but now with the extra time, I can work the whole thing because it ends August 14th.
[/quote]

I wonder what Sr. Katie's new name is going to be!?!?!?! I'm glad that the date has been pushed back, that way we all can better prepare our selves for what is ahead for us in the convent. Also it gives me more time with family and friends if I am accepted.

I also got the newletter in the mail. Dad, the new cover for the retreat schedule was taken the weekend I was there. The Sisters and I thought it was a beautiful scene to use for something but I can't remember who thought to use it as a cover for the retreat schedule. Sr. Faustina took the picture though. I already told the Sisters it looks wonderful.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='993527' date='May 31 2006, 10:07 AM']
Addition? What addition?
[/quote]
the convent side was added on, but the rooms aren't done so thats why there is a delay

It's ok Nicole, if God wants you there, and you are willing to go there He WILL make it happen. You just need to trust, even when it's most difficult pray for grace and trust! God's got it under control, you've done your part just wait and trust! God Bless you

Calling and writing can also look at times like one is stalking them, so be careful. Convents really do have to be careful about who enters, just because one has an intense prayerlife does not necessarily make one a good community person. There is a book I read a few years ago about a convent in the 16th century who had a sister who was a constant whiner, which she staged by writing a long stream of letters to almost everybody in europe seems like. When the women who wrote the book researched it, looked she said the volume of letters in different archives in Europe was absolutely staggering. This one person had a whole convent in an uproar for close to 15 years, and apparently it was almost impossible to get rid of her. So if it seems like the process is taking forever, remember religious communities have over 1,000 years of history and examples to give them reasons to take time.

You are so very right. There is a fine line between showing interest in the weekly email or letter to a community and down right annoying. If a community is interested in you, they will write, they will accept you whatever. Especially with a smaller community, the vocation director may have another full time job she has to attend to. Patience, is a virtue, and a hard one to develop!
Admitting a sister who does not fit in to the community or who is a constant complainer is a trial for any community as it is in any field of endeavor. References must be checked well.
We may be in a hurry, but sometimes the whole process needs to slow down so good decisions can be made by both parties.

Well, everything is fine, like i said before we talked off and on for a day and we have been emaling eachother ever since. She is preparing me for the convent and I have to prepare as well, however i still don't know for sure if I am entering in august. She said I will know soon.

For some reason this morning, I wanted to Chant!! Not exactly sure why I have the need to chant!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='994525' date='Jun 1 2006, 09:54 AM']
For some reason this morning, I wanted to Chant!! Not exactly sure why I have the need to chant!!
[/quote]
Because chanting is good!

I've got my weekly schola practice tonight at 7, you're welcome to join us if you want. :)

passionheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='994682' date='Jun 1 2006, 01:48 PM']
Because chanting is good!

I've got my weekly schola practice tonight at 7, you're welcome to join us if you want. :)
[/quote]

Too bad you don't live near the Canadian Border, I need to practice my chanting. The nuns in Buffalo sing Morning Vespers, Compline (including the Salve Regina) in Latin. I picked up my copy of Latin for dummies and I am practicing my breathing.

I am a little out practice when it comes to singing!! Wouldn't it be funny though at the border......

Customs: Sir what is your business here in Canada
OLAM Dad: I have come to help my Vocation Station daughter with her chants.
Customs: Please, step to the side sir.......... :D:

Edited by passionheart

:lol_above: :lol_above: :lol_above:

too bad I don't live any where neat Texas Dad!!!! I live in ILL, Remember?? Too bad none of the convents here chant otherwise I'ld be there just to fill my soul and heart with beautiful music that kicks butt to the music on the radio!!!!! LOL!!!

Actually you guys are lucky you didn't come last night. The offertory for Pentecost Sunday is BRUTAL! What a train wreck! Whomever wrote that piece had a mean streak in him.

The Introit and Communio sound very nice though. :)

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='995382' date='Jun 2 2006, 06:49 AM']
Actually you guys are lucky you didn't come last night. The offertory for Pentecost Sunday is BRUTAL! What a train wreck! Whomever wrote that piece had a mean streak in him.

The Introit and Communio sound very nice though. :)
[/quote]

It was too far of a trip for me to even come!!! Sry dad!!! However, what are we talking about brutal?? Was it really that bad??? Was it kinda like this........... :spanking: :spanking: :spanking:??? Or was it just a wreck!?!?!?!

Either way, i enjoyed myself at work more for some odd reason.