An Old School Catholic Message Board

stuck in hell

dairygirl4u2c

stuck in hell  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Doomsday' post='1015565' date='Jun 30 2006, 10:01 PM']
Anyone who voted "Yes" is a flooping idiot.
[/quote]
Break out the sunscreen... you're going to hell.

Thy Geekdom Come

The answer is no. There are no choices presented to anyone after this life, thus, although you still have the faculty of the will, you cannot choose anything. Once you are in hell, the choice between heaven and hell has already been made. The same goes if you are in heaven.

This does not conflict with God's justice. No one in hell will want to go to heaven; it would be too hot for them. One of my professors says, "hell is hot, but heaven is hotter; the difference is that those who make it to heaven can stand the greater heat of God's love, while those who choose hell are sent there out of God's mercy, so that they don't burn up in the heat of His heavenly love for all eternity. Thus, God's mercy and justice are reconciled in the afterlife. Those who go to hell get what they deserve, what they choose, and what's best for them."

Edited by Raphael

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='992712' date='May 30 2006, 01:09 AM']
Not sure we can really know the answer to this one. Because I don't know if people are given the chance to choose heaven after death. Maybe this choice is given to some, maybe babies who die without baptism or a person who never knew the Church. But I am not sure we are given this choice after death, so for now I would choose the first option.
[/quote]
This was declaired a hearsay in the 3rd or 4th century it is Gnositc in nature from the apocalyps of Peter. here is the problem with this theory. we are now in time, being in time we can change our mind, when we die we are no longer in time thus we are stuck with our decision. there is another problem though, people assume that God sends people to hell but this is untrue, people put themselves in hell. do you know the picture of Jesus knocking at the door and the handle is on the inside? that is hell. one act of repentance from anyone inside would empty hell because hell is to small for repentance. the problem is that those who go to hell have eternally rejected God.

so to answer your question no its not possible. God can and does forgive those who seek his foregiveness but he cannot forgive those who refuse it.

Wishing to go to Heaven does not guarantee you will.

Final judgement on mortal sin belongs to God alone, adn I will not speculate on His divine judgement.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1015695' date='Jul 1 2006, 08:34 AM']
The answer is no. There are no choices presented to anyone after this life, thus, although you still have the faculty of the will, you cannot choose anything. Once you are in hell, the choice between heaven and hell has already been made. The same goes if you are in heaven.

This does not conflict with God's justice. No one in hell will want to go to heaven; it would be too hot for them. One of my professors says, "hell is hot, but heaven is hotter; the difference is that those who make it to heaven can stand the greater heat of God's love, while those who choose hell are sent there out of God's mercy, so that they don't burn up in the heat of His heavenly love for all eternity. Thus, God's mercy and justice are reconciled in the afterlife. Those who go to hell get what they deserve, what they choose, and what's best for them."
[/quote]

hey Rap, I never looked at it that way but that makes perfect sense to me.

One question though, now that I read the posts (I usually vote and post my first comment after I vote on a poll);

If outside of this life we are in effect outside of time and thus cannot change; how is it that the devil was able to change and turn from God?

I know the proper anwser a little bit but can't formulate it very well. God created light, saw that it was good, and then seperated the light from the darkness and thus the devil has sinned since the very beggining... pretty sure that has something to do with it.

Guest JeffCR07

The angels, precisely because they are eternal, make one eternal choice - for or against God. Think of it like this: The angels either say "I will for all my subsequent actions to be in accord with God's will" or they say "I will for all my subsequent actions to be against the will of God." The very nature of what they have chosen precludes any possibility of altering that choice or repenting from that decision.

Your Brother In Christ,

Jeff