An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going on retreat

HisChild

Lori,

I've seen your posts on a couple of posts I rambled on. :) Thank you for your prayers and your support. The 'retreat' is what I am calling it. It's actually a stay of indeterminate time with a group of sisters. I'm regaining some balance and hoping to find some inner peace. I'm praying, and my guest room is across the hall from the chapel, so I am able to receive our Lord daily, as well as praying with the sisters. I'm also able to have some 'therapy' if you will.. . :D I'm cooking with the sisters! I love to cook and tomorrow I'm making Chinese. :woot:

Thank you again for your prayers. . .I'm praying for enlightenment. . not to sound like a bad Shirley Maclaine novel/movie, etc. But I am praying for clarity.

I'm also keeping all you wonderful PMers in my prayers. Y'all make me smile!

God bless you. . .your wandering sister in Christ, Denise

I knew your retreat was a time of enlightenment that you were just taking 'time off' but I didn't know you were spending it with sisters! Which ones? Anyways, I bet thats nice, to have quite, good prayer time with our Lord just near Him everyday too :) I offered prayers for you today @ pentacost, I hope you had a blessed Sunday!
Chinese! :woot: sounds good, are you cooking for all the sisters?
God Bless you. In Christ, Lori

Yes, I am... . cooking for 16! :sweat: Thanks for the prayers. . .I'm praying for you too!

Thank you so much for your prayers! I really appreciate it :)
Well you will have a good amount to do tomorrow, I've never made chinese, do you enjoy making it?

magnificat

Glad to hear/read how things are going Dense! I will keep you in my prayers! How'd the cooking go?

Phew! I'm done with lunch and just made some homemade chicken noodle soup for supper. I'm wiped, had to take a shower and am now heading for a 30 min siesta. Got compliments all around, and two asked for the recipe! I love cooking. . . it's funny, those sisters who don't enjoy it really marvelled that I do! It's one of those things, like ironing. ..you either love it or you loathe it.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic start of your week. . I'll write soon. God bless you!

Marieteresa

Hey Missy,
I hope your having a great time on retreat.....and that your enjoying spending time in the Küche!

Ciao

magnificat

[quote name='photosynthesis' post='997639' date='Jun 5 2006, 02:53 PM']
Denise!

...you're back?

i don't know if i should ask...
[/quote]

Psstt..see the "Phatmass is going to be weird for a while..." thread :ninja:

LOL She did. .. .and we PMed back and forth. :D

Grazie,
d.

Oh. . .and pssst, 'phatmass IS weird with her back!' LOL ;)