An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women Priests?

Jnorm888

I saw on the news either last night or this morning......about a 63 or 64 year old lady about to be ordained as a Roman Catholic Priest.

I know Rome doesn't allow this but what's gonna happen to her once she becomes ordained?

[url="http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/articles/callWaiting.html"]My Webpage[/url]

INLOVE Jnorm

Edited by jnorm888

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Like the rest of the most recent cases, the CDF will likely ask that she admit that her orders are invalid and repent of the act. If not, the CDF will issue an public notice of excommunication.

The diocese pf Pittsburgh already released a statment saying that those who are involved in the proceedings are alreay cutting themselves off fromt he church. All those involved will choose to excommunicate themselves.

[url="http://www.diopitt.org/news_061506.php"]Statement from Diocese[/url]

EcceNovaFacioOmni

The CDF is usually on top of such things and very public in responding. I wish they would be more frank in public in regards to other dissent.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Benedict XVI was its prefect before his election to the papacy.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1006963' date='Jun 16 2006, 03:17 PM']
May I ask what the CDF is?

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
a very inquisitive bunch.

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1007270' date='Jun 17 2006, 09:17 AM']
[/quote]

HAhahahaha :lol:

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1007270' date='Jun 17 2006, 10:17 AM']
[/quote]

always there to answer your questions and to tell you where to go -- but with perfect and humble charity.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Oik' post='1006920' date='Jun 16 2006, 01:50 PM']
The diocese pf Pittsburgh already released a statment saying that those who are involved in the proceedings are alreay cutting themselves off fromt he church. All those involved will choose to excommunicate themselves.

[url="http://www.diopitt.org/news_061506.php"]Statement from Diocese[/url]
[/quote]

I noticed the word Excommunication was not even in the statment from the Diocese. They should really put it in there.

It's not that I don't think this emptry ritual is a big deal...I do. I think it will get press and those involved will continue to push thier non-catholic and non-theological agendas.

The reality though, is that each and every one of us are in communion with the Pope by being in communion with our Bishop. Those involved wil cut themselves off from communion with their Bishop. The statement by the diocese seems to be clear about that.

What the statement mentions is that it is not a disciplinary measure (excommunication). It's really a matter of ecclesiology. Of course the media could care less about that and so do those involved in this empty ritual.

I value the CDF and it's actions. However, I don't want the Bishop always turning to the CDF everytime a Catholic or group of Catholics in thier diocese does something immoral, illict, invaild or that warrants excommunication. Bishops can handle things like this. When it get out of hand or when dissidents want to go over the head of the Bishop, then go to the CDF.

Of course, the CDF does much more than this. Clarifications and etc.

:drool: Well,this is certainly interesting indeed. I don't think that the church will ever have women priests.
And as far as i know,the Jews don't have women rabbis either.
Now the Church did have women deacons at one time,and at www.newadvent.com there should be info on this. i think St.Peter or St.Paul mentions St.Phoebe,who aparently was a deaconess.
they instructed women and children in the faith,assisted at the baptism of women and in other areas dealing with women in the church.
later on i guess abuses crept in ,so the office was done away with.
I seem to recall that at the final profession of vows of the Carthusian nuns, they are vested as deacons.Read that some where.