An Old School Catholic Message Board

Leaving for Eagle Eye on Saturday

Domine ut Videam

Domine ut Videam

Hey everyone, I'm back. The brothers were absolutely awesome; absolutely hilarious! (I have the funniest pictures. Eagle Eye was amazing. We were truly soaring for truth and wisdom. I have to go....will write more later......i'm still in shock. The prayer, adoration, monastic office, philosophy classes......... :D: I am soaring.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Well Lauren it appears we were posting at the same time, while I was wishing you a good trip you posted your return!! I'm glad you had such a great trip though, welcome back! I would love to see the photo's, God Bless you and mary keep you!
-uruviel

Edited by uruviel

Domine ut Videam

It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was SOOOO happy, and the joy was just radiating off of him....amazing, incredible........He was truly an instrument of God in my life this past week. He is an amazing man and wow....I was so happy for him. The joy and peace was so evident on his face. I don't think the smile ever left his face, and the church was packed....it was perfect. Plus he was so proud of all of us his eaglets......I was so happy for him.

Did you know that he is going to be in Princeville for the next three years???? :D: :D: :D: I am sooo excited.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Birgitta Noel

Yes! That I did know. Glad to hear it went well. We so wished we could have been there today :(

I was there for his final professions though. That was another joy filled day. I've seen him radiate! It's priceless :lol:

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1025499' date='Jul 16 2006, 04:02 PM']
Hey everyone, I'm back. The brothers were absolutely awesome; absolutely hilarious! (I have the funniest pictures. Eagle Eye was amazing. We were truly soaring for truth and wisdom. I have to go....will write more later......i'm still in shock. The prayer, adoration, monastic office, philosophy classes......... :D: I am soaring.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren
[/quote]

ANY OF THEM HAVE MY WONDERFUL FRENCH PRIESt!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1025733' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:49 PM']
ANY OF THEM HAVE MY WONDERFUL FRENCH PRIESt!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
[/quote]

um.........only every day..... :P:

Yes, i said Hi to Fr.Antoine. He said hi. We played a lot of hacky-sack. :cool:

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1026665' date='Jul 18 2006, 08:13 AM']
um.........only every day..... :P:

Yes, i said Hi to Fr.Antoine. He said hi. We played a lot of hacky-sack. :cool:
[/quote]

I nevre would have guessed he played that game!!!! When the brothers were giving the youth 2000 retreat in the Quad Cities this last yr for the Eucharistic Adoration festival, he had a paper ball was doing the same thing!!!!!!!! He cracks me all the time!!!!!! Nad i just love hime to death!!!!!!! I'm wanting to see of ym community will allow him to be a retreat master sometime!!!! that would be soooo kewl!!!!!!

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1026672' date='Jul 18 2006, 08:27 AM']
I nevre would have guessed he played that game!!!! When the brothers were giving the youth 2000 retreat in the Quad Cities this last yr for the Eucharistic Adoration festival, he had a paper ball was doing the same thing!!!!!!!! He cracks me all the time!!!!!! Nad i just love hime to death!!!!!!! I'm wanting to see of ym community will allow him to be a retreat master sometime!!!! that would be soooo kewl!!!!!!
[/quote]

Are you kidding me? He loves hacky-sack! He plays it all of the time. The Nashville Dominican nuns actually gave him a new hacky-sack, that was black and white like their habit because his old one was so worn out because he used it so much. He is amazing at it. I would post my pictures but they are not digital. I have some friends who should be posting thirs on the yahoo group soon....i'll post the link in a few days.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

cathoholic_anonymous

I met some members of the Community of St John - including its founder, the indescribably gentle and holy Pere Marie Dominique Philippe - on a retreat to Walsingham. As Walsingham is a shrine dedicated to Our Lady (she appeared there before the Norman Conquest) all the talks were about Mary. I was awed by the Community - so many young brothers and sisters, such traditional (and beautiful) habits, such quiet passion for the faith.

They don't compromise on religious names, either. When the members of the community were about to have their photo taken by a fellow brother, one of them cried out, "Mummy! Can you take the picture so Brother John Mary Jesus can get in it as well?"

"Certainly, dear," replied the flustered mother. "Now, Brother John Mary Joseph - Mary Jesus - I'll take that..."

I spoke to the said John Mary Jesus later on in the evening. He was eating a bag of chips (fries, to all you Americans) and the choice of food just seemed so incongruous with his name and his habit. Made me smile.

Domine ut Videam

I know. The whole community is just so vibrant and alive with the faith of our Church. The brothers I met were Brother John Luke, Brother Peter Francis, Brother JMJ, Brother Nathan (a deacon), and Fr. Antoine. Also, an apostolic sister was in the US from France. Her name was Sister Mary Elijah. Not to mention all of the contemplative sisters staying in the convent.

They are all so full of life and so charitable and approachable. They make you want to live for Christ, to be consumed by the love of God. They truly know Christ.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

P.S. If you [url="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theeagles_nest/"]CLICK HERE[/url], and ask to become a member of the group there will eventually be a lot of pictures of the brothers and i will show you me.... :D: Plus conversations on philosophy and theology with Brother Nathan..... :D: :D: :D:

Edited by Domine ut Videam