An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are you a heretic?

Resurrexi

Are you a heretic?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Non, je ne suis pas heretique.

Je suis souvent en erreur personnel, je me retrouve constament en etat de pecher, mais je ne descend point dans l'abyme heretique.

(there's just not enough people talking french on this board...)

[quote name='Didacus' post='1019230' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:28 AM']

Je suis souvent en erreur personnel, je me retrouve constament en etat de pecher, mais je ne descend point dans l'abyme heretique.

[/quote]

Tante pis pour vouz

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1019130' date='Jul 7 2006, 09:06 AM']
Suffix not suffix
[/quote]
What are you talking about?

brendan1104

[quote name='Didacus' post='1019230' date='Jul 7 2006, 12:28 PM']

[/quote]

Je suis de Buffalo, New York, mais je ne suis pas français. Je comprend, parle et écrire en français très bien. Je suis pas une heretique, aussi. Mais, je suis un ancien partisan de l'monsigneur Marcel Lefrebvre, dis j'étais un schismatique.

Tyler,

While dogmata can be used, please refer to the plural form of dogma as dogmas to make it easier for everyone. Also, one doesn't call St. Peter, Pope St. Peter I, because 1) there is no other pope-saint named Peter, and also there has been no other Peter.

Edited by brendan1104

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1019270' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:14 AM']
Tante pis pour vouz
[/quote]

vous pas vouz

But I apreciate the attempt, thanks ilove-(hot stuff).

Et Brenden, merci de votre contribution. Nous sommes une rareter sur phatmass vous et moi.

Edited by Didacus

[quote]While dogmata can be used, please refer to the plural form of dogma as dogmas to make it easier for everyone[/quote]

Dogmata is more traditional and I think it sounds cooler. I think most people are able to figure out what it means, and if they cant, they can always go to www.m-w.com.

[quote]
Also, one doesn't call St. Peter, Pope St. Peter I, because 1) there is no other pope-saint named Peter, and also there has been no other Peter.
[/quote]

Well, the prophecy states that there will be another Pope Peter, and he may be a Saint, so I like to be as precise as possible.

You'll have to wait for Pope Peter II to arrive before that precision can be made.

Actually, there is one exception. Did not Pope John-Paul name himself Pope John-Paul I? Its a little something I read in an an encyclopedia where when asked why he choose such a name his reply had been: "There will be another."

Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I don't remember that at all..

I remember there was JP. Then poof he was gone. Then JPII

I don't remember him referring to himself as John Paul the first.

brendan1104

[quote name='Didacus' post='1019345' date='Jul 7 2006, 02:51 PM']
You'll have to wait for Pope Peter II to arrive before that precision can be made.

Actually, there is one exception. Did not Pope John-Paul name himself Pope John-Paul I? Its a little something I read in an an encyclopedia where when asked why he choose such a name his reply had been: "There will be another."

Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
[/quote]

je n'ai jamais entendu cette histoire.

JP2Iloveyou

Brother, be careful not to fall into the sin of pride. It is the moment when we think we are holy and without sin that we commit teh worst sin of all, the same sin that caused the Devil to fall. I see no point whatsoever in a thread like this. I find it atrocious and apalling that it was started and that it has been allowed to continue. Furthermore, the prohpecy of St. Malachi has never been authenticated by the Church. The continued promulgation of this goes against the better judgment of the Magisterium (otherwise they would be promulgating it) and scares people into thinking the world is ending in a few short years. The world could end tomorrow. It might not end for 10,000 years. We have to follow Christ and do what he commands us, which is to be ready for we know neither the day nor the hour.

Please close this thread. It is posts like this why I rarely post on Phatmass anymore. Something like this requires strong fraternal correction in a public setting because it was posted in a public forum.

Le singe est sous la table. Mon foie gonfle avec l'anticipation! serveur il y a un pied en mon potage ! Mais Être amoureux est comme renifler un canard. Quoi qu'il arrive, je ne sais pas garer une navette spatiale.

[quote]The monkey is under the table. My liver inflates with anticipation! waiter there is a foot in my soup! But To be in love is like renifler a duck. No matter what it arrives, I cannot park a space shuttle.[/quote]

Thats got to be the funniest Babel Fish translation Ive ever read...

:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

[quote] Brother, be careful not to fall into the sin of pride. It is the moment when we think we are holy and without sin that we commit teh worst sin of all, the same sin that caused the Devil to fall. I see no point whatsoever in a thread like this. I find it atrocious and apalling that it was started and that it has been allowed to continue. Furthermore, the prohpecy of St. Malachi has never been authenticated by the Church. The continued promulgation of this goes against the better judgment of the Magisterium (otherwise they would be promulgating it) and scares people into thinking the world is ending in a few short years. The world could end tomorrow. It might not end for 10,000 years. We have to follow Christ and do what he commands us, which is to be ready for we know neither the day nor the hour.
[/quote]

This neo-con carp is getting old.

Edited by StThomasMore

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1019305' date='Jul 7 2006, 01:53 PM']
Dogmata is more traditional and I think it sounds cooler. I think most people are able to figure out what it means, and if they cant, they can always go to www.m-w.com.
Well, the prophecy states that there will be another Pope Peter, and he may be a Saint, so I like to be as precise as possible.
[/quote]
The so called prophecies of St Malachi are not accepted by the Church.