An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cassocks vs. clerical suit

DAF

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Colleen' post='1025653' date='Jul 16 2006, 07:10 PM']
Yep!
[/quote]

sweet! is this the norm for the priests in the diocese to wear? Like do alot of priests wear them as well? because that must be cool!

Domine ut Videam

I think it is up to the priest......there is one priest i know who always wears a cassock.....and some just wear clerics....... :detective: I love 'em no matter what they wear though.

ThyWillBeDone

At the seminary I attend all the seminarian (including College seminarians which is rare) must wear cassock to mass. For classes, meals, LOTH and any official activity on campus the dress code is either clerics or cassock, it up to the individual(off campus we wear black suits, white dress shirts and black ties we look like mormons). Some guys were the cassock basically whenever we need to be in dress code, like me :D: . I just love the tradition behind of the garment, and well :D: it also very comfortable.
God Bless

[quote name='ThyWillBeDone' post='1025693' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:46 PM']
At the seminary I attend all the seminarian (including College seminarians which is rare) must wear cassock to mass. For classes, meals, LOTH and any official activity on campus the dress code is either clerics or cassock, it up to the individual(off campus we wear black suits, white dress shirts and black ties we look like mormons). Some guys were the cassock basically whenever we need to be in dress code, like me :D: . I just love the tradition behind of the garment, and well :D: it also very comfortable.
God Bless
[/quote]

You must go to Borromeo......

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1025657' date='Jul 16 2006, 08:16 PM']
sweet! is this the norm for the priests in the diocese to wear? Like do alot of priests wear them as well? because that must be cool!
[/quote]
I'm not sure. It was the Diocese of Ft. Worth. They do have a really great new Bishop there, now, though. :)

So, ya like cassocks and birettas.....how bout these?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/agnesDayVespers3-1024.jpg[/img]

My priest wheres the cassock for Mass, and then uses his clerical suit for other church related activities. I personally like both, nor do I mind seeing a priest in normal civilian clothing as long as he has a white collar at least to distinguish himself.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Colleen' post='1025744' date='Jul 16 2006, 09:13 PM']
I'm not sure. It was the Diocese of Ft. Worth. They do have a really great new Bishop there, now, though. :)
[/quote]

oh, okay! lol that explains it.

hey cam, that sure is a nice pic!