An Old School Catholic Message Board

Skipping your homework

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Homework  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not necessarily, no. If you decide you'll take the fall b/c you know it won't be a big deal not to do homework one day, I don't think it's a big deal. But if it's chronic, it may be. Especially if you're in college, and your wasting your parents money.

I think it depends why you aren't doing it. There can be a ton of legitimate reasons not to do your homework, but laziness isn't one of them.

IcePrincessKRS

I think it depends. There were plenty of times in college where I didn't always read everything I was supposed to. Assignments that needed turning in or discussing I nearly always did. I think if you perpetually don't do any homework it probably would be a sin of laziness like TrueImage pointed out. If not doing homework is adversely effecting your grades thats probably a sign that laziness is getting the better of you.

onlygrace08

It depends.... If you have tried your hardest to finish your homework and you still couldn't get it all done, it's ok. Also, homework shouldn't get in the way of Sunday Mass.

God Bless

Anna

Catholic Fanatic

It is important to note that not doing your homework can wind you up in hell. All venial sins if committed without care turn into mortal sins. Laziness is a deadly sin do not forget.

If you unrepentedly do not do your homework, you will be bound up and cast into the eternal fires of hell. Literal fires will melt your skin and demons will claw your eyes out and eat them, while your eye sockets ooze out blood that boils and curdles.

awesome post fanatic lol
I was on the fence for this, seeing as I rarely do my homework, but voted Yes because if nothing else, it's disrespectful to your teacher who assigned it to you and told you to do it, and disrespectful to your peers who do the work.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I had a class this year where basically, none of the work was collected or checked. A lot of people did not do it and just plaigerized the papers.
Anyway, we received study guides for all the tests. They had about 50 questions. The test was about 25 of those questions, verbatim. The teacher's intention was that we read the chapters (which took a long time!) and look up the answers to the study guide. If all you really had to do to get an A on the test was look up answers and study them, why spend hours reading?
Not wanting to lie on the self-assessments, I actually did the work. The seeming pointlessness of it drove me nuts (although it probably helped on the AP exam).

Edited by thedude

Catholic Fanatic

You may have saved your only mortal soul. May God compel the other sinners to repentence, lest they continue on their path to damnation.

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' post='1037387' date='Aug 4 2006, 10:56 AM']You may have saved your only mortal soul. May God compel the other sinners to repentence, lest they continue on their path to damnation.[/quote]
Okay.

I think if ur bogged down one night or something and u can't finish something and ur mom's hollerin' at you to get to bed then just dont do it. But if u perpetually dont do ur hw and ur playing xbox or something thats not good

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' post='1037172' date='Aug 3 2006, 05:19 PM']
It is important to note that not doing your homework can wind you up in hell. All venial sins if committed without care turn into mortal sins. Laziness is a deadly sin do not forget.

If you unrepentedly do not do your homework, you will be bound up and cast into the eternal fires of hell. Literal fires will melt your skin and demons will claw your eyes out and eat them, while your eye sockets ooze out blood that boils and curdles.
[/quote]
Catholic Fanatic's posts always make my day! :lol:

[quote name='Socrates' post='1038349' date='Aug 5 2006, 07:01 PM']
Catholic Fanatic's posts always make my day! :lol:
[/quote]
Am I missing something?

[quote name='XIX' post='1038363' date='Aug 5 2006, 07:36 PM']
Am I missing something?
[/quote]
Probably the maggots. He left out the maggots this time.

Look up all his posts.