An Old School Catholic Message Board

Skipping your homework

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Homework  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' post='1037172' date='Aug 3 2006, 08:19 PM']
It is important to note that not doing your homework can wind you up in hell. All venial sins if committed without care turn into mortal sins. Laziness is a deadly sin do not forget.

If you unrepentedly do not do your homework, you will be bound up and cast into the eternal fires of hell. Literal fires will melt your skin and demons will claw your eyes out and eat them, while your eye sockets ooze out blood that boils and curdles.
[/quote]
Ummm. Venial sins do NOT become mortal sins. Venial sins weaken your will and make you more prone to commit mortal sins.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1038727' date='Aug 6 2006, 03:47 PM']
Ummm. Venial sins do NOT become mortal sins. Venial sins weaken your will and make you more prone to commit mortal sins.
[/quote]
Don't question Catholic Fanatic; if you speak against his words, you speak against Holy Mother Church, and for this Mortal Sin, the Terrible Judge will order you bound and cast into the Eternal Fire where demons will claw your eyes and maggots will eat your face until you have paid the last penny. :D:

[quote name='Socrates' post='1038740' date='Aug 6 2006, 07:12 PM']Don't question Catholic Fanatic; if you speak against his words, you speak against Holy Mother Church, and for this Mortal Sin, the Terrible Judge will order you bound and cast into the Eternal Fire where demons will claw your eyes and maggots will eat your face until you have paid the last penny. :D:
[/quote]
You forget snakes wrapping around your body and cockaroaches eating your larynx. Get it straight, heretic.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Era Might' post='1038757' date='Aug 6 2006, 06:39 PM']
Get it straight, heretic.
[/quote]

This is the funniest sentence I've read in DAYS. Its like the icing on top of the cake that is this thread.

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' post='1037387' date='Aug 4 2006, 07:56 AM']
You may have saved your only mortal soul. May God compel the other sinners to repentence, lest they continue on their path to damnation.
[/quote]
Hello PreReform Luther. Scrupulous just a bit?

no doubt that being Lazy can be mortal but man oh man i thought i was a hard liner...

well, if it means completely rejecting your duties and responsiblity's I believe it can be.

but either way I think I would still confess it in confession as laziness first. And then whatever you would call it for ommition.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I can see how just not doing it out of laziness is problematic, but sometimes I feel like certain assignments are pointless.

that's not a matter of pointless or not, it's not for you to decide. If you are under the authority of your superiors and are told to do something, not doing it would be disspbedience which is a sin. When a sister (nun) is told to read a book, and she's already read it, she's not going to say "No I've read that, mother" She's going to accept it and read the book again. It's not only humbling, but it's obedience. Whether it's pointless or not is not the question. It's if you have the humility to be obedient even to ridiculasness.

Catholic Fanatic

Thank you uruveil. Perhaps the nun could question, as with the students, but if they are again told to do it, they are bound to do it, under the penalty of damnation.

Your lighthearted nature towards these mortal sins are themselves mortal sins. If you were ignorant of the gravity of your error before, you stand corrected as we speak, and are thus accountable.

It's not about questioning me, it's about questioning the Father. I speak on God's behalf; I don't speak on my own behalf.

If I preached damnation too much, it's only to make up for how no one else does. Jesus was not a happy go lucky hippie like you all here. Jesus preached hell and damnation with the best of them.

IcePrincessKRS

I still think the whole deal about WHY you're not doing the assignments plays a rather large role in this. You can't just say someone is going to hell for not doing their homework. WHY aren't they doing it? Are they sick? Lazy? Are there other more important assignments that need doing and there wasn't enough time left to do that particular one? They didn't understand it and needed help? Maybe they forgot their books in school. There are a million reasons why someone might miss an assignment, and the few reasons that are going to send them to hell... I don't think that many of us are guilty of not doing our homework to THAT extent.

Being in a classroom is different than being in a convent, you're paying to learn something in school (well, maybe not if you go to public school), in a convent you take vows of obedience. Yes, we're called to obey, but the degree of sin involved varies.

who says we don't preach the damnation and hell? I don't appreciate you treating me like I'm a happy oh everything's swell. I don't really know if you are referring to me, but you said like 'all of you here' and that includes me. If you think I butter up damnation and hell, and don't talk about it you are wrong. I don't know what your talking about, who's commiting mortal sins? Laziness isn't a mortal sin, depending on the degree of the sin.

IcePrincessKRS

Thank you Uruviel. I had been biting my tongue! I know it is part of our obligation as Catholics to admonish the sinner, but I also believe that there are lines that are not to be crossed. I personally would never presume to "speak on behalf of God." All of us are sinners here and I don't think any one of us can claim the right to speak for Him.