An Old School Catholic Message Board

What is your favorite Protestant Invention?

pyranima

crystalblujay

Mine is the Lutheran reverend who told me he was Catholic, just he denies the authority of the Pope, the Magesterium, right to life, etc.

he also said that it might be hard for me to understand ... duh. :lol_roll:

Edited by crystalblujay

Oh come on this isn't pick on the protestants whats your fav. protestant theological invention?

TX crystalblu

I also like the whole denial of Confession.

oh oh and once saved always saved not invented until the 1800 as well

pyranima, you can't start a thread like this and seriously expect people not to pick on them. I mean, the purpose of this thread is to basically do just that, poke fun at things we don't do or believe in.

I have no problem with saying which doctrines we find rediculous, its when we start picking on their social functions. i perfer we stick to Doctrine.

homeschoolmom

For the record, I wasn't picking on their social functions. I really like and miss church pot lucks. :(

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Mercy's Child' post='1039488' date='Aug 7 2006, 11:11 PM']
Adult baptism by immersion as a [u]requirement [/u] for salvation.[/quote]To the immersion-only crowd, it's more of a required [i]symbolic[/i] act that was commanded by Our Lord, yet totally ineffectual as it relates to an individual's salvation.

I like the Protestant invention of 'Accountability' that pushed the Catholic Church to try to follow it's own rules.

I like the Protestant invention of 'Community' and participation within the religion.

I like how this thread encougrages Christians to talk about what they have in common without just bringing up negative stereotypes.

[quote]"Negative Criticism of Other Religions
A post or comment that negatively criticizes (as opposed to constructively criticizes) a different religion in a way that is harmful to open ecumenical dialogue.

"[i]The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 838[/i]"[/quote]

Edited by Anomaly

My favorite Protestant invention is the many wonderful hymns and songs they have produced to glorify the name of our Lord.

[quote name='tomasio127' post='1039623' date='Aug 8 2006, 07:10 AM']
My favorite Protestant invention is the many wonderful hymns and songs they have produced to glorify the name of our Lord.
[/quote]

That's mine - right there!

David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Third Day, Jars of Clay, Paul Wright, even Rich Mullins...

So many awesome ones.