An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Little Black Sambo really controversial?

brendan1104

missionseeker

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1043706' date='Aug 14 2006, 03:16 PM']
that's acutally one of the stupidest thing's i've ever heard. Hello... St Martin de Porres was black... and His Eminence Cardinal Arinze is too.
[/quote]

I know these people are just ignorant. The really stupid thing is that there's another teacher there who is Catholic and went to that church and all the Catholic students there were like, UH, yeah he is. but there were no others in that particular class

It always used to bug me when I would see Al Sharpton, Jessee Jackson, or Farakan complain that rascism is alive and well in the US. I've always lived in the South and have witnessed isolated prejudice against blacks, whites, asians, jews, catholics, hispanic, etc., but as a rule, it was isolated to ignorant mean spirited people.

I am utterly flabbergasted that the offensiveness of 'Sambo' has to be argued and defended. I'm embarased at my naivete and owe Al and Jesse an apology.

toledo_jesus

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1043882' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:14 PM']
(The irony behind it all... I said I was 1/4 black earlier... the other 3/4 of me are german, polish, and irish. :sweat:)
[/quote]
woooow, so you like, 75% hate my guts. what if I told you I was a chauvinist?? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1044167' date='Aug 15 2006, 04:58 PM']
woooow, so you like, 75% hate my guts. what if I told you I was a chauvinist?? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
[/quote]
well we already knew that was true about you.

at least you're nice about your chauvinism.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1044167' date='Aug 15 2006, 03:58 PM']
[/quote]

Pretty much.

Nah, its all good. I know you're just illustrating the point that everyone else has been trying to make. :)