An Old School Catholic Message Board

Animal Cruelty

thessalonian

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1044099' date='Aug 15 2006, 01:13 PM']
On the other side of the coin, cruelty to animals often leads to cruelty to humans. That is why alarms are raised when children are cruel to animals.
[/quote]

Norseman is right. Animal cruelty is something common to many many murderers. This why authorities take it so seriously.

"Because I believe in all life having souls. I believe that animals and humans are equal in terms of living (albeit, not in terms of intelligence, where we dominate, and instinct, where the animals win out). And finally, I believe in the Wiccan rede, "an ye harm none, do as ye will." Though since that is an impossible rule for humans, I prefer the slightly modified, "An ye harm none, do as ye will. An ye harm some, do as ye must." That's why.
"

oh ok, i understand what you believe about this,can you tell me why, what led you to these beliefs, your reasoning/whim/revelation, or what have you. thanks.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lahecil' post='1044760' date='Aug 16 2006, 04:22 PM']
Because I believe in all life having souls. I believe that animals and humans are equal in terms of living (albeit, not in terms of intelligence, where we dominate, and instinct, where the animals win out). And finally, I believe in the Wiccan rede, "an ye harm none, do as ye will." Though since that is an impossible rule for humans, I prefer the slightly modified, "An ye harm none, do as ye will. An ye harm some, do as ye must." That's why.
[/quote]
Animal souls end at death, human souls last forever. Big difference.

[quote]because you're not Catholic, then...[/quote]
Yes.
[quote]oh ok, i understand what you believe about this,can you tell me why, what led you to these beliefs, your reasoning/whim/revelation, or what have you. thanks.[/quote]
I believe this because it's what I believe. There's no need to prove beliefs, that would make believing in something pointless. :) My reasoning, however is that all things were given life for a reason, and as I said, life is life, souls are an integral part of life for humans, so animals must be no different, sicne we are all alive. Different, yes, but still having souls. I've always believed this, even before I knew Wicca existed. (I thought Mother Earth and God were married...I still think that's cute.) Humans are just the ones with more intelligence. And yes, it was gifted to us by some Divine, but it's not like we're the only ones with a unique trait on this earth.
[quote]Animal souls end at death, human souls last forever. Big difference.[/quote]
Since I'm not dead, and I don't remember the last time I died, again, I have only my own beliefs to back me up when I disagree. :lol:

i was watching animal planet a long time ago, and the show on was 'animal rescuers' or something like that where the animal cops go and rescue abused animals out of people's homes. i was crying because it was so horrifying to watch these abused animals - then i 'heard' (it was not my own thought) a voice saying - "And what about my children that they kill by the millions every day?" (in abortion clinics).

that's the problem, people get choked up about animal cruelty and forget about the millions of children getting killed legally. :ohno: