An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Billions

Budge

"Brilliant isn't the word"
I stand corrected, it is a matter of research, an excellent post nonetheless.

I thought you mentioned your age in a thread on the nature of music (I might add that you made an excellent point in that thread as well) and your birth date appears when you click on a member's user name (if you provide that info).

Mitchell_b55

Oh... I see. Thank you, for both compliments. I just hope they respond, I want to see this, they got me angry, this doesn't happen all that often, and I have to leave in four minutes.

PS- nice posting

I hear what you mean about getting angry at ignorance and the fact they have no argument except to point out that the Catholic Church is made up of sinners who SOMETIMES do happen to sin, which in their minds somehow disproves the Catholic Church.

Oh well. But we have to remeber to try and defend Christ out of love not anger.

Good stuff.

Yes, there have been greedy leaders in the past and I'm not going to deny the fact that we had popes who succumbed to gluttony, avarice, lust, etc. However, I don't think you can describe the whole Church as greedy, especially since we have many members who give up material posessions to be closer to God. Many of our priests make very low salaries (we're talking 13,000 a year) and the IRS has excluded those in religious orders from taxes because, when you take a vow of poverty, you can't pay taxes. So our Pope wears Prada, he also travels to minister to his people, advocates for persecuted Christians, and works for peace in our world.

As for the art, that is priceless! It doesn't belong to the Pope but to the whole Church. Would you rather sell it and have it be in Michael Jackson's backyard or something? I think Jesus would object to us selling these churches and turning it into a market place. After all, didn't he object to people selling stuff in the Temple?

Very impressive work for a young man. Kudos'

Now when you grow up { I am in my 50's and have owned many companies, and been high placed in some rather large ones...} you will learn about "creative bookkeeping" and when you can issue "financial statements" that CANNOT be audited, and are basically summaries and would not even be acceptable for a tiny little itsy bitsy public company to issue...you will see just how "creative" men wearing dresses can be, to look poor, while hiding vast income.

And when you get a chance...go to Rome, and if the accumulated glittering wealth doesn't stagger you and show you some reality, go back again in your 40's and it will by then.

Essentially, you have bought the "party line" hook, line and sinker.

But then, you are a very very smart young man { I'm serious on that one } and you are the sort that will ask a lot of questions, and someday soon, those questions will begin to be answered by the boys in silk along the lines of ..."you are a troublemaker, you don't need to know that...why are you asking....etc. } that will mark the beginnings of your quest for the right exit door.

Best, and good work, it is very impressive for a young man.

For a man of 50 I have mistaken you for a 15 year old troll who is bent on ignorance and being unchartiable at every turn. Same goes for your freind Budge.

...and yes the cardinals in Rome are selling off panels of the Cistine Chapel cieling to finance their excessive partying and Roman night life.

Edited by curtins

Did you seriously just respond with: "when you get older, you'll be exactly like me"?? what an arrogant thing to say. at least you took the time to compliment him... sort of :huh:

we should all hope and pray we do not become bitter and cynical by our 40's and 50's. <_< but of course, you seem to hope and pray that we will.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1047596' date='Aug 21 2006, 06:32 PM']Now when you grow up { I am in my 50's and have owned many companies, and been high placed in some rather large ones...} you will learn about "creative bookkeeping" and when you can issue "financial statements" that CANNOT be audited, and are basically summaries and would not even be acceptable for a tiny little itsy bitsy public company to issue...[/quote]I feel like you've just provided all the insight one needs when reading your posts. Ahh, the wonders of honesty... Consider us the auditors of your creative bookkeeping.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='curtins' post='1047599' date='Aug 21 2006, 06:35 PM']For a man of 50 I have mistaken you for a 15 year old troll who is bent on ignorance and being unchartiable at every turn. Same goes for your freind Budge.[/quote]No need to answer a lack of charity in kind. They are walking the tightrope with their frequent [i]ad hominems[/i], and I'm happy to say that the moderators are objective enough to enforce the forum rules, even if the offending party were Catholic and the prejudiced slurs were against a non-Catholic.

We're all guests here, and I think that dUSt [i]et al[/i] would appreciate if we acted just as if we were invited into someone's house.

Thats not an ad hominem attack- just pointing out how he comes across on this board. I would think alot of people would agree.