An Old School Catholic Message Board

Votives for Vocations

stlmom

[quote name='stlmom' post='1138622' date='Dec 9 2006, 08:37 AM']
Funny, I was at Mass yesterday and among my wandering thoughts appeared the idea I should do another round of votives--coincidence??
[/quote]Thank you! A God-incidence, as they sometimes say. :pray:

cathoholic_anonymous

Please light a candle for me, my family, and friends - that we will all accept God's will for me with joy and courage.

Thank you so much for doing this. It's thoughtful of you.

• 4 months later...
:bump:
Bringing this one back up since we're looking at the 29th of April for special vocations prayers. Our parish isn't doing anything special as far as I know, but I'm offering to light a little votive at my parish again for each discerner that posts before the 29th.

Could I please request three: two for the women I am discerning with and one for myself. The three of us, God willing, will be entering the IHM's this September. Thank you!

Tina

be_thou_my_vision

For all the women who are called to the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration... that they will hear the call and have the strength to follow it. Pray especially for the ones who are called to enter this fall with me!

Yes, please; that myself, and all other women and men trying to find God's will, have the courage and grace to follow wherever He leads.

Thank you. You are doing such a beautiful thing here. :)

AccountDeleted

Oh yes please!! I need prayers right now more than ever before. Thank you so much.
Bless you!

AlterDominicus

Please light another one for "a little package", me, Monsignor Shuchler, my brothers Brandon and Bo their dad Robert his wife Cindy and my mother. One votive candle with alot of intentions. :lol: Thanks stlmom!

Prayers for you!

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Thanks, stlmom! Could you please light one for me, as well? I do need prayers for my discernment. Thank you very much!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

philosophette

OOoooooOOO another for me, please? :love:

thanks! :grouphug:

Ps I just found out that because of my knee injury I will be fine but I can never kneel and have to avoid using stairs... for the rest of my life. *sniffle*

It's good though. I have a lot of pride and I hate not being able to kneel like everyone else in Church.

Wait wait ... wait for me :-) Me me me me me ... and don't forget me.
:lol_roll:

Now in a more serious, non toddler like tone.

Please light a candle for me as well. (Hopefully I'll post a new topic soon ...) I just talked via phone to the formation director of the sisters I'm entering. They're waiting for me (whenever I can get there).

Thanks ... and I will try to remember to light a candle for phatmass VS the next time I go to adoration.