An Old School Catholic Message Board

There is hope for Canada!

awyers

I read something about the proposed women's order in an issue of the Companions magazine. It said that there were 2 women who were trying to get it off the ground and that, while the Companions would support the women and provide advice, the women would be the ones who would actually try to get it off the ground. Or something. The reasoning (I think) was along the lines that if they're going to be able to survive (and if God wants them to survive) they have to develop the leadership and go through the process of forming the community and getting it recognnized. I didn't know it's proposed name, though.

What Companions do you guys (and gals) know? I know
Fr. Roger Vandenakker
Fr. Jeff Shannon
Fr. Yves Marchildon
Fr. Francis Donnelly (he comes from Mtl)
Fr. Jerry Gauvreau
Fr. Pierre Ingram
Fr. Mark Goring
Fr. Charles Orchard

Fr. Charles probably wouldn't recognize me, unless, of course, his 'recognizing' amounted to asking if I am related to my family in Ottawa. Fr. Mark would be more likely to recognize me. Those two I know from occasional visits to St Mary's. Fr. Pierre I know because he'll often go to my relative's house. Fr. Francis I know from before he joined the CC's. The rest I know from camp. Fr. Mark has also occasionally gone to camp (reason #1 why he would know me better than Fr Charles would).

And a friend from Mtl applied to the CC's this year and is at Assumption farm.