An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ritualism Leads People AWAY from God

Budge

'Ior mi,' dixit sollemniter, 'egomet, Winnie Ille Pu, caudam tuam reperiam.'

"Eeyore,' he said solemnly, 'I, Winnie the Pooh, will help you find your tail.' "

Sorry, but Your Book of Winnie quote made me think of Winnie the Pooh. He's so cute! :blush:

[img]http://www.magicwd.com/stars/data/images/portraits/winnie.jpg[/img]

Edited by DAF

If you only know who it was the Benedict XVI is holding in that picture you would realize how completly foolish you statement is and how it is fulfillment to the scripture passage you quoted.

[quote name='Church Punk' post='1055543' date='Sep 1 2006, 11:57 PM']
If you only know who it was the Benedict XVI is holding in that picture you would realize how completly foolish you statement is and how it is fulfillment to the scripture passage you quoted.
[/quote]

I do not believe that wafer or glass of wine is "jesus".

Church PUNK?

Are you a PUNKER? {I thought this was a place for the hip-hop crowd} :P:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1056012' date='Sep 3 2006, 12:58 PM']
I do not believe that wafer or glass of wine is "jesus".

Church PUNK?

Are you a PUNKER? {I thought this was a place for the hip-hop crowd} :P:
[/quote]
your loss :D:

no my gain...
[size=5]
Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.[/size]

:)

[quote name='Budge' post='1056032' date='Sep 3 2006, 12:32 PM']
no my gain...
[size=5]
Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.[/size]

:)
[/quote]

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?????

Everything.

Are you in Jesus Christ? Have you been born again?

[quote]so 2000 years we have all been wrong, and you got it right? smile.gif[/quote]

Its not ME that got it right, its Gods Word.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1055095' date='Sep 1 2006, 07:27 AM']
They had help from the mods booking their departure.
[/quote]

Next time please don't make it a round-trip ticket....

[quote name='Budge' post='1056062' date='Sep 3 2006, 01:37 PM']
Just because I asked you if youre born again?

you want me gone?

:idontknow:
[/quote]

It's called humor. Look into it.

And BTW, I've been baptized and confirmed, so yes, to answer your question. Now answer mine. What does the Romans quote have to do with the Holy Eucharist?

Budge, as asked by Socrates a while ago and repeated a few times

"Where is this quote taken from, and why should we pay attention to or care about this particular person's opinion?"

Please answer this question as it has been presented to you and ignored.

If you have somehow answered it, I apologize but I haven't seen it.

It's relatively easy for people, mostly prejudiced and bigoted geniuses, to denounce the Catholic faith as "ritualism" just because they don't understand what the "pageantry" is all about. It may be true that many Catholics don't even fully understand the rites and sacraments of the Church, but it's far from a "spectator event," and there are plenty of resources out there for Catholics who wish to more fully understand and participate in the sacramental life of the Church. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is a good place to begin, since it explains the meaning and significance of these "empty rituals" in detail. Now, I've been to Protestant churches before, and I can honestly say it's just as easy for lazy and ignorant people to lapse into "ritualism." So, you sing a few hymns, listen to some preacher prattle on about the Bible for a half hour or so, and maybe you shout "Amen" and clap your hands and what not. Whoop-dee-doo. A few intelligent people may pay attention to the sermon and honestly reflect on their lives, but how many people are just day-dreaming, and thinking the fact that they're in church and mouthing pious words and phrases they've learned by rote will somehow redound to their spiritual benefit?