An Old School Catholic Message Board

God

GodChild

Domine ut Videam

In our hearts we all have these impossible, unquenchable desires which you speak of...none of us can fill them, but Christ. There are three main reactions to these desires.

1)To ignore these desires and pretend they don't exist. Most of the population does this first one.

2) To simply try harder. (this seems to be what you have done) If you simply try harder one day, you just might fly. :ohno: Sorry, it doesn't work this way either.

3) Lastly, people just quit. They give up and lose sight of Christ and the Church. Please don't do this.

Now the question is: What does your heart truly desire? When you wake up in the morning what brings you happiness? What do you do in your life that brings you joy? Because God only wants your happiness, if all of these things that you are doing are not making you happy than it must not be the will of God, but your will. Ask yourself this essential question at the beginning and end of every day:

[b]Am I free and am I happy?[/b]

Once you can answer this question and know the answer within your heart and know the desires of your heart you will have found God.

You will be in my prayers. Sometimes God wants us to wait, just remember this, but i think that he just wants to to ask yourself what brings you joy and happiness because you have forgotten......ask yourself.

-Yorus in Christ
Lauren

Guest psalm23

Hey,
I am going through this same thing right now. Just not as intensely as you are. I think God wants you to seek Him out. He isn't letting you find Him because He wants you to look for Him and then when you find Him it will bring you more joy than you have ever felt. Also, I think God wants you to find Him in the right time and place in your life. Keep seeking Him because He is the source of all peace, love, and joy. leaving the Catholic Church will do no good because it is the one and ONLY TRUE church. all others do not have the fulfillment of truth.
May you seek God always and may you be at ease with the truth of the Catholic Church