An Old School Catholic Message Board

The City That Sits On Seven Hills.

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1062820' date='Sep 14 2006, 03:56 PM']
Given that EVERYONE knew the "motto of Rome then" was the "City on Seven Hills" .... you might have a chance here.
[/quote]

Jerusalem was also know as "city on seven hills" that is a historical fact! Also please tell us where was Christ crucified? Answer, Jerusalem.

The harlot of Babylon is referred to as the "great city," in Apoc 7:18 and in chapter 18. So in Apoc 11:9, "...and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the GREAT CITY which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, [b]where their Lord was crucified.[/b]"

The book of The Apocalypse is telling us that the "Great City 'is Jerusalem, for Jerusalem is where Christ was crucified, it was not ROME, VACTIAN CITY, or anyother city on earth... Jerusalem. That is a fact.

What is your answer to Apoc 11:9

[quote]
In contrast to the discredited anti-Catholic propoganda that exagerated the various inquisitions, we Catholics actually have the names of many martyrs who were killed by various protestant groups.[/quote]

yeah, like the "English Martyrs?"

Who were convicted of POLITICAL TERRORISM { you think the Palestinians invented that?} who wanted to BLOW UP the parliament building, kill EVERY elected representative and the Queen, and were caught with 30 barrells of gunpowder in a tunnel directly UNDER the parliament building?

That was traced back to the Jesuit handlers and Rome?

Those kind of "Martyrs?"

Hmmmm???

For all the Catholic who are going on about Jerusalem being the whore...

They dont know one basic fact, just about every Bible Prophecy scholar speaks of the time the pope will usher in the antichrist in Jerusalem.

RIGHT NOW, the Catholic church is working hard to take over a portion of the OLD CITY of Jerusalem....

Can you guess why?

Its Bible Prophecy in action.

Even the Jews admit that the Vatican wants Jerusalem BAD...[to usher in the antichrist]

What do you think some of the schmoozing with the UN is all about.

Ive read endless articles from Zenit about how the Pope and his men desire to internationalize Jerusalem.

[quote] Quote:
Vatican muscling in on Jerusalem
Says Jews cannot be trusted with ownership of their ancient capital

By Stan Goodenough
January 04, 2006

The Roman Catholic Church says the Jewish state cannot be trusted to exercise control over the city of Jerusalem – ancient and eternal capital of the people of Israel.

In a statement whose arrogance and contempt he seemingly could not see, the Vatican’s legal advisor in Israel, David Jaeger, told an international conference in Haifa Tuesday that Jerusalem was too important a city to leave in the hands of either “Palestinians” or Jews.

Jaeger’s view was that the status of Jerusalem required the approval of the international community as a whole.

[size=5] Ironically the Vatican, which claims to be spiritual home to one billion of the world’s Christians, rejects the biblical stipulation granting everlasting possession of ancient Canaan, inclusive of Jerusalem, to the Jewish people.

Since 1947 it has sought to have Jerusalem internationalized, confident that with Rome’s massive global constituency the pope will be able to exercise substantial control over the city.[/size]

Jaeger is historically on solid ground when he says the Palestinian Arabs should have no say over Jerusalem. The city has never been an Arab capital and the “Palestinians” have no historic or national rights to it (or to any other part of Israel’s biblical homeland).

The Jews, by contrast, have venerated the city as their holiest site for over 3000 years. Israel is the only nation that has ever had Jerusalem as its capital. During centuries of exile, Jews everywhere prayed daily to return to Jerusalem in order to be able to once again worship their God in this place.

Jerusalem is described in the New Testament as the “City of the great King,” referring to Jesus of Nazareth who also bears the title King of the Jews. The book of Revelation, foretelling Jesus’ return to Jerusalem, calls Him the Lion of the Tribe of Judah – i.e. He remains Jewish.

In recent history, it has only been while under Jewish administration that Jerusalem has flourished and that protected access to all of its holy places (including Christian and Muslim sites) has been guaranteed.

Between 1949 and 1967, when the Arab kingdom of Jordan occupied the eastern part of the city, the rights of Jews and Christians to visit their holy places was restricted, sometimes denied. The Jewish Quarter of the Old City was left to rot, its synagogues sacked and burned.

Despite this, the Vatican believes it should have a say that could deny the right of the Jewish people to keep their beloved capital in their hands.[/quote]

Budge, even the Jews know the score with Rome wanting to own and run Jerusalem, RIGHT NOW, today, this year.

[quote]Mt. Zion Under Siege: Who Will Be King of the Mountain?

By David Ben-Ariel Platinum Quality Author

The Vatican has its evil eye on Jerusalem! What better place to start their siege against the Holy City than Mt. Zion? Watch for them to fortify their position and launch an all-out attack to undermine Israeli sovereignty, enlisting Jewish traitors and the international community.

It is only a matter of time before the Vatican exercises their evil influences to enforce UN Resolution 181. Will Israel make the most of this grace period, return to God and secure the Jewish homeland or fall prostrate before the Roman EU?

The Vatican's illegitimate claims to Mt. Zion stem from the extorted belief that Jesus' "Last Supper" was held in the Upper Room of the traditional site of King David's Tomb. I am a Christian and trust Jesus held such a meal in Jerusalem, but there is no way to prove it was at such a site and since the bloody Roman Catholic Church states it to be so, I highly doubt it.

Regardless, the allleged "Upper Room" would not be a holy site in light of the New Testament and is never mentioned again after the fact, but the Temple Mount stands alone as "the most holy place." Isn't that what the Vatican is really after? Haven't they coveted the crown of Jerusalem, and its crown jewel - the Temple Mount - since the Crusades? The leopard has not changed its spots![/quote]

[url="http://ezinearticles.com/?Mt.-Zion-Under-Siege:-Who-Will-Be-King-of-the-Mountain?&id=130771"]ENTIRE STORY HERE[/url]

Edited by Eutychus

I believe the senario will be the Pope {FALSE PROPHET} helps to usher in the {ANTICHRIST} though some Christains also believe the Pope himself will the THE ANTICHRIST--a possibility I ponder, Right there in Jerusalem the new one world religion interfaith United Nations WORLD CAPITAL, the ANTICHRIST will take the throne with PAPAL approval.

[img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/john23-enthroned.jpg[/img]

Edited by Budge

[quote] Does not Jerusalem have both the Mediterranean Sea, and the Jorden River on either side? Could this be "the many waters?" Is not this the symbolic meaning of the Current Israeli Flag the Six pointed Pentagram Star in the middle is symbolic of Jerusalem, and the two blue bars are symbolic of the Mediterranean Sea and the Jorden River, correct?[/quote]

Good grief....the biblical illiteracy is killing me here...

MANY WATERS is a consistant word picture, it ALWAYS MEANS the nations of the world.

The passage can be put in the modern vernacular as follows:

"The ENTIRE WORLD..."

Sigh...this is really tiresome.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1062979' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:10 PM']
Budge, even the Jews know the score with Rome wanting to own and run Jerusalem, RIGHT NOW, today, this year.
[url="http://ezinearticles.com/?Mt.-Zion-Under-Siege:-Who-Will-Be-King-of-the-Mountain?&id=130771"]ENTIRE STORY HERE[/url]
[/quote]
Did anyone else burst out into uncontrollable laughter after reading that? Seriously, that made my day that much brighter, very entertaining. The Evil Jesuits are after us. :topsy: .......................................................oh wait, was that serious?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1062983' date='Sep 14 2006, 08:18 PM']
I believe the senario will be the Pope {FALSE PROPHET} helps to usher in the {ANTICHRIST} though some Christains also believe the Pope himself will the THE ANTICHRIST--a possibility I ponder, Right there in Jerusalem the new one world religion interfaith United Nations WORLD CAPITAL, the ANTICHRIST will take the throne with PAPAL approval.

[img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/john23-enthroned.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Jerusalem was also know as "city on seven hills" that is a historical fact! Also please tell us where was Christ crucified? Answer, Jerusalem.

The harlot of Babylon is referred to as the "great city," in Apoc 7:18 and in chapter 18. So in Apoc 11:9, "...and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the GREAT CITY which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified."

The book of The Apocalypse is telling us that the "Great City 'is Jerusalem, for Jerusalem is where Christ was crucified, it was not ROME, VACTIAN CITY, or anyother city on earth... Jerusalem. That is a fact.
[size=7]
What is your answer to Apoc 11:9?[/size]

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1062985' date='Sep 14 2006, 08:20 PM']
[/quote]

Biblical Illiteracy? This coming from someone that can not logically defend their rejecting of the Apostles Canon!

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1062993' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:31 PM']
Did anyone else burst out into uncontrollable laughter after reading that? Seriously, that made my day that much brighter, very entertaining. The Evil Jesuits are after us. :topsy: .......................................................oh wait, was that serious?
[/quote]

Actually, it made me check out what seaside property in Bulgaria was available....

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1062985' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:20 PM']

MANY WATERS is a consistant word picture, it ALWAYS MEANS the nations of the world.

The passage can be put in the modern vernacular as follows:

"The ENTIRE WORLD..."

[/quote]

So...you admit to the use of "coded language" in apocalyptic literature?

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1063018' date='Sep 14 2006, 10:06 PM']
The harlot of Babylon is referred to as the "great city," in Apoc 7:18 and in chapter 18. So in Apoc 11:9, "...and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the GREAT CITY which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified."

[size=7]
What is your answer to Apoc 11:9?[/size]
Biblical Illiteracy? This coming from someone that can not logically defend their rejecting of the Apostles Canon!
[/quote]

ive only posted that like 90 million times. lol

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1062482' date='Sep 14 2006, 06:20 AM']
Desperate huh?

Even the Catholic Encyclopedia online admits that the "City that sits on seven hills" of Revelation is Rome.
The other qualifiers such when added to the seven hills VERY clearly identifies the Woman riding the beast. And as Pogo was known to say "I have met the enemy, and it is we!"

[/quote]

OK, I admit that Peter identifies Babylon as Rome, but does that not give credence to those who posit that Revelations refers to Rome [i]of the 1st century[/i], given the fact that there were many martyrs in the Nero persecutions ("drunk on the blood oif martyrs') and that 666 was a numerological way of identifying Nero, as was 616, which also appeared in many ancient MSS?

[quote]Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.[/quote]

Who are the Two Witnesses to Preterists?

[quote]First, you have to realize that for centuries [b]The Vatican has attempted to obtain control of Jerusalem, which started with the Crusades. For them to convince the world that the Messiah they put on the world's stage is going to be accepted as genuine, they need to perform this play in the Old City.[/b][u] The story of this production is that this "Messiah" will merge the three monotheistic religions, usher in peace and harmony in the world, and solve the Middle East conflict. The location for this "production" will be in none other than the Old City of Jerusalem. This so-called "Messiah" that will be proclaimed, will be a false one and it will insist that by having a "world government" (i.e., the United Nations) the world peace and harmony will be ushered in.[/u] This will be a lie, and a fraud, but never mind. In our world, reality isn't important. Public perceptions are. The end result is the stripping of Israel's sovereignty as an independent nation giving way to a "regional bloc of nations" in the Middle East. Israel will be pressured to accede to these demands by all world bodies and the superpowers on the claim that "this is the only way to solve the Middle East conflict).[/quote]

[url="http://www.joelbainerman.com/articles/vatican.asp"]LINK[/url]

[quote]Re 11:9
And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
[/quote]

Note the time, the placement.

You are quoting Revelation 11

[quote]Re 11:9
And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.[/quote]

We are quoting Revelation 17 and 18

WHEN does Rev 11 happen? When does Rev 17 happen?

They are TWO distinct events, in two distinct cities. That is so obvious, that none of us felt obligated to point out the blatantly obvious to you. But you insisted, so I just did.

OK OK you got us. Any day now, the Pope is going to announce the Catholic Church (all Rites, not just the only one Budgie and Euty hate, the Roman one) is really built on seven hills (there being secret hills built by the Templars on the one hill the Vatican occupies) and that we will no longer support chastity, be anti-abortion, pro-social justice, etcetera.

The good news is that Budge and Eutychusshueshuchsu will be raptured, and God doesn't have internet access.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1063167' date='Sep 14 2006, 10:32 PM']
They are TWO distinct events, in two distinct cities. That is so obvious, that none of us felt obligated to point out the blatantly obvious to you. But you insisted, so I just did.
[/quote]

Is this a response to my question? If so... where is this distinction made? Where does Apoc change the meaning of "the great city" from "Babylon" to Jerusalem?

It does not sound like two very "distinct" citys, Apoc is refering to "the great city" (which we know is Jerusalem) in Apoc 11:9 as "allegorically called Sodom and Egypt" sounds like Apoc is still refering to the harlot of babylon to me, as if there is NO distinction made at all.

Show us where in Apoc the meaning of "[u]The[/u] Great City", changes from Jerusalem to "Babylon".