Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't look at the sun to tell time, i look at my watch :think:

Posted

I don't look at the sun to tell time, i look at my watch :think:

Posted

but where do we get time of day from

THE SUN

Posted

[size=1]quartz
[/size]

Posted

no i am being serious


we get the time of day from the position of the earth around the sun


so we don\'t use sun dials

but we use digial or anolog watch that some dude looked at the sun and was like this is the time and now every one goes by the position if the earth around the sun

Posted

[quote name='hayden' post='1066767' date='Sep 19 2006, 03:02 PM']
but where do we get time of day from
[/quote]
Greenwich England

Posted

time is a figment of oru imagination by which we measure the day

Posted

you guys i am really trying to be serious

:(

Posted

[size=1]They used to measure time with sun dials before electricity was invented.
Way back in ancient greece and rome or whatever.

But now I think we just have time set to whatever and it is controled by the satellites.
I am not sure if they acctually use the sun anymore...they may just to make sure they are right...but I dunno....blah blah
[/size]

Posted

there is a nuclear clock in greeen whitch england

and it is like the TIME place i gesse

Posted

[quote name='hayden' post='1066832' date='Sep 19 2006, 04:01 PM']
no i am being serious
[/quote]
:lol_roll: I love it! You have to actually add a disclaimer when you are serious :lol: :biglol:

Posted
<_<
[size=1]Do you ever think that you always talking down to people might get annoying?
[/size]
Posted

Is that how you should address me?

Posted

[size=1]<_< Dont mock me
[/size]

Posted

[quote name='hayden' post='1067973' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:53 AM']
you guys i am really trying to be serious

:(
[/quote]
im being serious

Posted
<_< oh sorry what tone would you like me to use when addressing you?
Posted

[size=1]A respectful non-sarcastic-"Im smarter than everyone else" tone.
[/size]

Posted

Coming from Miss Sarcastic Herself. Amazing

Posted

[size=1]Am I being sarcastic now Mr. Know-it-All?
[/size]

Posted

Its hard to tell but I automatically you assume are being sarcastic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...