BLAZEr Posted January 9, 2004 Posted January 9, 2004 Converts are Taking Over the Catholic Church! According to the US Bishops Communications Office Every year for the past 7 years, 160,000 American adults have entered the Catholic Church. About half are being baptized for the first time and half are Christians who are entering into full communion. According to a recent study, in 1995, about 6.3% of American Catholics were converts. Out of a current US population of 65 million, that means that today, about 4.1 million US Catholics are converts. That makes converts to Catholicism the 9th largest denomination in America - larger than Episcopalians, Missouri Synod Lutherans or the Assemblies of God . The 160,000 adults who entered the Church last year alone would be the 50th largest denomination in America. If you've had the feeling that you couldn't swing a cat around this place without hitting a convert, there's a reason!
geetarplayer Posted January 9, 2004 Posted January 9, 2004 Actually, I have been noticing that converts to Catholicism are getting in the way of my cat-swinging. -Mark
BLAZEr Posted January 10, 2004 Author Posted January 10, 2004 :thatsfunny: Mark, you crack me up. BTW, its from Mark Shea's blog . . . http://markshea.blogspot.com/
Richard Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 I'm a convert, but with only forty-odd posts, I'm taking over nothing so you needn't worry!!!
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 I'm a convert, but with only forty-odd posts, I'm taking over nothing so you needn't worry!!! ha Just wait. Soon you'll be as addicted as Flowery. :P
Richard Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 I'm hooked already! It's 12:15 am and I've got work in the morning! :D
geetarplayer Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 You must be in Western Europe, then, ay Rich? -Mark
VeraMaria Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 lol, actually, it's amesome. amesome. Converts are cool. Sometimes they apreciate their faith more than cradle Catholics because they remember a time without it and realize the difference, if you understand what i'm trying to say :D
Richard Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 You must be in Western Europe, then, ay Rich? -Mark Yes, mate I'm in England
Lil Red Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 ha Just wait. Soon you'll be as addicted as Flowery. and Vera, and me, and Ice and cmom, and Al! :P
BLAZEr Posted January 10, 2004 Author Posted January 10, 2004 Not me, I'm not addicted. I could stop anytime. Really. I could. I could. I SAID I COULD.
Lil Red Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 uh-huh. I have a hard time believing that Blazer!
cmotherofpirl Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 Yes, mate I'm in England Have some fish and chips for me. ansome good biscuits at 11'ses
BLAZEr Posted January 10, 2004 Author Posted January 10, 2004 Hey, that 11'ses, where is that from? I mean, how did it get to be called 11'ses . . . In Chile they take "Onces" which is "Elevenses" every day around 5 in the evening. I loved it. But they could never give me a straight answer as to why.
BLAZEr Posted January 10, 2004 Author Posted January 10, 2004 huh? I thought tea was in the afternoon?
MrsFrozen Posted January 10, 2004 Posted January 10, 2004 Actually, I have been noticing that converts to Catholicism are getting in the way of my cat-swinging. -Mark ::
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now