dUSt Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Does anybody know anything about leather crafts? (ie - leather bracelets, adding snaps, staining, etc) I've been wanting to make a dope leather bracelet (wrist-band width) with the St Michael Prayer stamped into it, but don't know where to get the materials and stuff. I vaguely remember doing stuff like this growing up in the Boys Club.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 (edited) I do. here are some good sites, if you have questions let me know. I've worked with more than my fair share of hides in my life. I think Cow hide is what your looking for, it stamps well. [url="http://www.tandyleather.com/"]http://www.tandyleather.com/[/url] [url="http://www.sdtradingco.com/"]http://www.sdtradingco.com/[/url] [url="http://leatherunltd.com/?source=google2&gclid=CMmxk5L9uocCFRMhWAodyW5HbQ"]http://leatherunltd.com/?source=google2&am...CFRMhWAodyW5HbQ[/url] [url="http://www.eleathersupply.com/"]http://www.eleathersupply.com/[/url] Edited September 20, 2006 by PadrePioOfPietrelcino
Laudate_Dominum Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I've done simple stuff (belts and such), but its been a long time. I knew a guy who had all the stuff. There has got to be a website some place that has everything? It would be cool if you could find a place near where you live where you could buy leather.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Texas Leather... [url="http://www.twleather.com/"]http://www.twleather.com/[/url]
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Dust- SERIOUSLY...send me a blank one.. my work has a machine that lasers leather.. the effect looks like [url="http://www.themagnetgroup.com/product.aspx?item=BC179"]this[/url] email me or something... lemmeno
dUSt Posted September 20, 2006 Author Posted September 20, 2006 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1067448' date='Sep 19 2006, 10:08 PM'] Dust- SERIOUSLY...send me a blank one.. my work has a machine that lasers leather.. the effect looks like [url="http://www.themagnetgroup.com/product.aspx?item=BC179"]this[/url] email me or something... lemmeno [/quote] Woa, that would be PERFECT. I'm having a problem finding the leather I want though. The Tandy Leather site offers blank leather bracelets, but they are too skinny--I was hoping to get ones at least 2 inches wide. I guess I could just buy the leather and cut it myself, and add the snaps. Wouldn't it be sweet if phatmass sold these with different Catholic prayers on them? I'm looking for something kinda like this: [img]http://www.leatherpunk.com/images/brown-black-plain-1-58in.gif[/img] [img]http://www.leatherpunk.com/images/plain-brown-black.gif[/img] These are perfect: [img]http://www.oldschoolleather.com/2-Wide-Wristband-Black_Brow.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Dust- as long as they unsnap or unhook, and can be laid flat, no prob at all... if you want, i can send you some samples of what our laser can do..... need an address.. email me or pm me if you... or i can wait for you to get me samples..i cansend you the address at that time... whatever you want... lemmeno... JMJ, MIKolbe oh.. and i forgot the cool part.. the laser is like a 'glorified' printer (no pun intended).. it is wysiwyg, and works off corel...instead of printing on paper, it lasers on leather... i would measure the piece and give you an imprint area, then, you could, theoretically, make the prayer look like art... whatever you want.. you could really get creative with it. just seems exciting!!! JMJ, MIKolbe
dUSt Posted September 20, 2006 Author Posted September 20, 2006 YES!!! You mean... we could have leather sacred heart wristbands!? Wicked.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 [quote name='dUSt' post='1068117' date='Sep 20 2006, 01:34 PM'] YES!!! You mean... we could have leather sacred heart wristbands!? Wicked. [/quote] That would be so awesome!!!!
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Dust- float me the art for the Sacred Heart.. vector based, b/w, no 1/2 tones..eps, .tif, .cdr, .psd, .ai just pc based. send here [email=jcorsetti@benchmarkllc.com]jcorsetti@benchmarkllc.com[/email]..this is my work email... i will laser it on a business card holder, so you can see what it looks like, and i can send to you. YES.. EXTREMELY possible... you could do art of a Rosary the go along the edge, and in the middle could be the Angelus, HHQ, anything... if you can create it, we can laser it...... advise.. MIKolbe
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 MIKolbe, seriously, I am salivating... the idea of not only a swanky new Sacred heart t-shirt, but the possibility of a kick butt leather bracelet, too??? If this doesn't work out I'm going to cry (dUSt, we HAVE to make it work!!!).
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 i am here until 4:30 pst... and my email is on this thread... somebody holla at a brother!
prose Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I would buy lots!! That would be a cool youth group item!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Wow...I had no idea leather wrist straps were a hot item. Shows me for being a nerd.
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 found some SH art and ran it on some items so you can see what it looks like... [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/3.jpg[/img] [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/2.jpg[/img] [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/1.jpg[/img] whaddya think?
Didymus Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 i would totally buy a pair of bands in black...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now