brandelynmarie Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I think this would be awesome...maybe even with the phatmass logo? I would buy! :
Laudate_Dominum Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 why mess with leather when you could be playing the star trek trivia game? [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=57612&hl="]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...c=57612&hl=[/url]
dUSt Posted September 21, 2006 Author Posted September 21, 2006 Mlkolbe... This looks flippin' sweet. I definitely want to do this. Now all I need to do is find a leather dealer who sells this size wristband in bulk. Or... figure out how to cut and die the leather myself... The ones pictured above cost $11 each. Ouch. I'd want to sell them for $10, so definitely have to find a place to get them cheaper. What kind of machine does this to leather? Just curious.
Laudate_Dominum Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='dUSt' post='1068480' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:25 PM'] Mlkolbe... This looks flippin' sweet. I definitely want to do this. Now all I need to do is find a leather dealer who sells this size wristband in bulk. Or... figure out how to cut and die the leather myself... The ones pictured above cost $11 each. Ouch. I'd want to sell them for $10, so definitely have to find a place to get them cheaper. What kind of machine does this to leather? Just curious. [/quote] my friend had a machine that you could use to stamp patterns into leather. It was pretty sweet actually.
MIKolbe Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 the machine that does it is called a CO2 laser. It is not a debosser or embosser, per se, but the laser 'burns' the top layer of the leather, leaving the rough part exposed... if you want, i can send them overseas to see if they can do it there? it would be cheaper, but you would probably have to buy more... just a thought.... i know some leather manufacturers too... i will check with them too...
dUSt Posted September 21, 2006 Author Posted September 21, 2006 Thanks man! I'd only go overseas if I was sure that the company doing it had fair labor. I don't want to support any sweat shops.
Laudate_Dominum Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='dUSt' post='1068490' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:35 PM'] Thanks man! I'd only go overseas if I was sure that the company doing it had fair labor. I don't want to support any sweat shops. [/quote] :applause:
MIKolbe Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 bravo! Yes, we make sure of this before my company makes them vendors... As a matter of fact, recently there has been a labor shortage as people have gone back to there family's farm to work there as more agriculture good are needed.. so these companies have had to raise their wages even more to keep them... just an interesting side note... i will look into some domestic sources i have, but they are mainly leather coasters, folios, notepads.. but they may be able to do custom work... you look on your end, and if i find anything.. i will let you know... JMJ, MIKolbe
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 obvously you don't have ALOT of time, but dying leather isn't too hard. You can ge die in bottles and directions are right there on the bottle. A couple of bands would have you a pro. the most important thing in terms of cutting leather is LARGE sharp sissor and a steady hand. A hole punch and snap kit sould finish you off with supplies if you decided to make your own.
dUSt Posted September 21, 2006 Author Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' post='1068609' date='Sep 20 2006, 09:43 PM'] obvously you don't have ALOT of time, but dying leather isn't too hard. You can ge die in bottles and directions are right there on the bottle. A couple of bands would have you a pro. the most important thing in terms of cutting leather is LARGE sharp sissor and a steady hand. A hole punch and snap kit sould finish you off with supplies if you decided to make your own. [/quote] Good point. I also found some instructions online a few months back. To get the rounded edges, this guy used an old washing machine motor with a wood spindle, and just ran the edges of the leather band against it.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 you could do something similar with a drill, or dremel.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1068272' date='Sep 20 2006, 05:53 PM'] found some SH art and ran it on some items so you can see what it looks like... [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/3.jpg[/img] [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/2.jpg[/img] [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/1.jpg[/img] whaddya think? [/quote] I would definitely buy some of this stuff if I could. Beautiful.
dUSt Posted September 21, 2006 Author Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' post='1068624' date='Sep 20 2006, 09:55 PM'] you could do something similar with a drill, or dremel. [/quote] Or really fast turntables... Or my wife's arguments...
hermit Posted September 22, 2006 Posted September 22, 2006 I got leather, this is right down my alley, I used to be a buckskinner........ I Know Leather.... How much do you need, and where do I send it.......... I cant promice you the world but I will get you some leather........
dUSt Posted September 22, 2006 Author Posted September 22, 2006 [quote name='hermit' post='1069751' date='Sep 21 2006, 08:18 PM'] I got leather, this is right down my alley, I used to be a buckskinner........ I Know Leather.... How much do you need, and where do I send it.......... I cant promice you the world but I will get you some leather........ [/quote] Seriously? E-mail me at phatmass@gmail.com and I'll give you my address.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now