Guest Intercessor Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 To those at phatmass.com I am the mother of a former phatmasser. He told me about this website once upon a time and since his passing I thought I would inform the people whom he called family. Though I am not sure what my sons name here was and I wish not to disclose his first name since I don't know if he did, i can tell you that he was thinking about going to the seminary next year. Below is my son's obituary: PG, 18 of ----- entered eternal rest on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2006, as a result of injuries received after being hit by a drunk driver. Born on Oct. 8,the son of ----. PG was involved in his parish where he lectored and served mass on the weekend. He enjoyed traveling around the state campaigning along with water skiing on the weekends with a group of friends. In school he was active in Band, Drama, Debate, Teen Mentorship and was elected to National Honor Society. In the fall of 2007 he was either going to enter St. Joseph's college seminary in Illinois or attend Briar Cliff University in Iowa. Survivors include his mother, father, grandmother, his dog and cat along with his girlfriend Anna. Visitation will occur at ---- High School from 7 a.m until 10 a.m. on Wed. Sept. 20th. Mass of Christian Burial will take place at --- High School immedietly following visitation. The Most Reverend Roger P. Morin will fly in to celebrate the mass of Christian Burial. Designated Concelebrants are his pastor and associate pastor, the vocation director of the diocese and the Abbot of the local benedictine monastery. [i]PG has beaten all odds by having a Catholic funeral mass to be celebrated in the auditorium of a public school. PG was well liked amongst administration and in the community and felt it would be proper to have the entire student body present at his funeral. Classes will be cancelled on Wednesday, Sept. 20th.[/i]
Era Might Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I'm so sorry for your loss. Whoever he was on Phatmass, he has our prayers. May he be received in the Father's house.
brendan1104 Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, may perpetual light shine upon him.
homeschoolmom Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I am so, so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for thinking to share this information with us.
Didymus Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 May his soul, and the souls of all the faithfully departed rest in peace.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that it is heaven's gain.
morostheos Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, may perpetual light shine upon him. Your son and your whole family are in my prayers.
MIKolbe Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 My heart breaks for you and your family. My prayers are yours. JMJ, MIKolbe
phatcatholic Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 someone please find out who this was on phatmass..............maybe someone who frequented the vocations board?
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 I pray that his soul is received into heaven and that the peace of God be with those left behind.
Brother Adam Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1067422' date='Sep 20 2006, 02:00 AM'] someone please find out who this was on phatmass..............maybe someone who frequented the vocations board? [/quote] Raphael tells me he has connections and is trying to find out.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 [quote name='Brother Adam' post='1067435' date='Sep 20 2006, 12:04 AM'] Raphael tells me he has connections and is trying to find out. [/quote] You got conversations mixed up. I'm trying to find out, but not through my connections.
catholicinsd Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 Do forgine the speculation, but someone really should try and a hold of Eddie (The rev) and Rick.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 20, 2006 Posted September 20, 2006 [quote name='catholicinsd' post='1067496' date='Sep 20 2006, 12:46 AM'] Do forgine the speculation, but someone really should try and a hold of Eddie (The rev) and Rick. [/quote] I know Eddie's real name. It's not him. As for Rick, the initials don't match.
Recommended Posts