An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are U So Smart

ryno

how come all of u are so smart and and there never or at least from what ive seen has there been a statement made that doesnt have meaning or a truth behind it yet all the things i say have none of that or at least i think it is but i am proven wrong if you could just tell me what it is that makes the all of u so smart?

ryno,

Could you please rephrase that, using a couple commas, a period or two, and maybe a question mark?

Your statement is unintelligible.

:huh:

Pax Christi. <><

ryno,

I think it's because we're all so old, and read a lot. Reading is so important to me, because it's where I learn everything I know.

ryno,

I'm sensing quite a bit of cynicism. However, for an answer:

Partly (maybe mostly), it has to do with the fact that we (meaning Catholics, as I'm gussing that that is the "you" that you are refering to) have 2000 years of knowledge, tradition, Church Doctors, saints, Church Fathers, etc. to draw upon.

i say none of us are smart........but we draw on the intelligence and the truths of Christ's Church and the saints that came before us.

hehe......no one here is as smart as you jake! ;)

one reason for my earlier comment is that i think catholics occasionally become prideful b/c of the knowledge they have recieved from the Church, and they forget that catholicism is a GIFT. heck, i'm not smart, i'm a freakin sheep, but God has revealed his Truths to me nonetheless.

i thank God everyday that He gave me Catholicism.

btw, Protestants, is it ok if we catholics just have our little moment here? i really don't feel like debating this.....(although we are in the debate forum, grrrr <_< )

pax christi,

phatcatholic

CatholicAndFanatical

ryno,

Well for most people on here the information is from listening to audio tapes, reading tons of books and doing research and reading everything they can about Catholicism..

but then there are people like me where it just comes naturally :P

:nanny:

CatholicAndFanatical

Ash Wednesday

:blink:

I'm not sure what the question at hand is, but me personally, I'm a "Theology for Dummies" "Canon Law for Dummies" and "Aquinas for Dummies" kinda girl.