An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Ask God Just One Question,

dairygirl4u2c

because i feel like there is something more to it besides that like the answer is an iceburg and that statement isn't even the entire vissible part of it.

I wouldn't ask if I was going to heaven or hell b/c I believe in free will and not predestination.

I would ask....

What would you like me to do better?

LuchaporElRey21

Does this mean when I get to Heaven or before? Because, God willing, if I get to Heaven, all will be revealed. So I would have no need to ask anything.

As for here, He gives us as much as is fitting for our journey. Any other knowledge that I could ask for would be based upon my own judgement, which is faulty. We just have to trust Him, which is the hardest thing of all. As Thomas a'Kempis puts it, man more often than not loses grace and falls by striving after things which are beyond him. Better to recognize our lowness and approach Him with humility.

Just my spin on it.

Depending on my mood I'd ask what the heck He was thinking when He put all this together or if He thought I was a bad person because my friends do.

[quote name='track2004' post='1098328' date='Oct 22 2006, 08:51 AM']
If God thinks I'm a bad person it's because I am, not because my friends happen to concur. I'd still ask because I wonder.
[/quote]

Wow!

You used puncuation to make the meaning of your writing clear!

Because before, you said that God might have thought you were a bad person, merely because your friends did.

Thy Geekdom Come

Mine would probably be:

"What is the answer to this question?"

a. Yes.
b. No.
c. 42.
d. I refuse to speculate.
e. I can't speculate because speculation implies answer potentiality and I am pure actuality.

the same questions i ask everyday why me why now and how but if it had to be something less self centered it would depend on my mood and what was going on at the time

Edited by chatbox829