An Old School Catholic Message Board

"former Catholics For Christ"

Katholikos

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1104593' date='Oct 29 2006, 09:50 PM']
No problem, I think [b]chivalry is very important,[/b] even if we do have different views on some things.
[/quote]
:rolling:

like taking pot shots at Minnesota every chance you can?

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1104626' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:12 PM']
:rolling:

like taking pot shots at Minnesota every chance you can?

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
[/quote]

I'm not taking shots at single person. I'm not hurting the feelings of a single person. I'm not driving anybody away from the Church, with my bashing of Minnesota.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1104628' date='Oct 29 2006, 10:16 PM']
I'm not taking shots at single person. I'm not hurting the feelings of a single person.
[/quote]
No, you appear to be trying to hurt multiple people's feelings, duh :detective:

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1104630' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:17 PM']
No, you appear to be trying to hurt multiple people's feelings, duh :detective:
[/quote]

Well, I'm not targetting one person.

homeschoolmom

Well, it's still not chivalrous-- which is fine. Just don't twist your arm patting yourself on the back for being something you're not.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1104634' date='Oct 29 2006, 10:21 PM']
Well, I'm not targetting one person.
[/quote]
Isn't targetting more than one person worse??? :huh:

[quote name='Socrates' post='1104285' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:47 PM']
This actually wasn't a "guilt-by-association" argument. Budge's guilt as an extreme anti-Catholic is already well-established by her posts on Phatmass. (If you doubt this, simply do a search of her posts.) Katholicos was pointing out her association with FCFC not to prove her guilt (no need to), but to show that she is part of a larger anti-Catholic effort.
[/quote]Spot on, Socrates!

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104575' date='Oct 29 2006, 10:42 PM']
If you really want to know, Budge is taking on some OCCULTISTS who are "PRETENDING" to be Roman Catholics.....

But then, discernment would have to be exercised in order to ferret out the real story over there, something that is in short supply in certain quarters.

The nets are loaded with fakers, pretending to be some version of "Christian" but who's real motivation, is to demean, and undermine Christianity, in any way shape or form that they can.

Budge is calling them out, and taking them to task.
[/quote]Hmmmm. And are you a frequent visitor or an adjunct member at FCFC?

I grew up in Jersey. I know what it's like to be from the state that is often the butt end of jokes. It's not a big deal, and anyone who thinks it is should really lighten up.

Jersey jokes are :hehehe:

And I understand the frustration with Budge, but this thread doesn't accomplish anything.

goldenchild17

[quote name='XIX' post='1104702' date='Oct 30 2006, 12:21 AM']And I understand the frustration with Budge, but this thread doesn't accomplish anything.
[/quote]

Kind of what I've been thinking about about last 7-8 (at least) anti-budge threads that have popped up. But I enjoy watching the useless back-and-forth bantering. So by all means keep it up if you guys think it actually does any good...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='XIX' post='1104702' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:21 PM']
I grew up in Jersey. I know what it's like to be from the state that is often the butt end of jokes. It's not a big deal, and anyone who thinks it is should really lighten up.

Jersey jokes are :hehehe:

And I understand the frustration with Budge, but this thread doesn't accomplish anything.
[/quote]
Oh, I love a good (read: funny) Minnesota joke as much as the next person. But turning all threads into "I hate Minnesota" (which is niether a joke nor particularly newsworthy) is a waste of bandwidth.

Now... back to Former Catholics for Christ. :)

[quote]Hmmmm. And are you a frequent visitor or an adjunct member at FCFC? [/quote]

I monitor daily, perhaps 15 discussion sites, and 10 blogs, and a few news sites.

Call it an addiction, information and self improvement via the internet.

Budge is an interesting case study, very intelligent woman, and seems to have a grasp on certain issues that few care to bother with, such as the NWO, secret societies, and religious deceptions.

I just find her different, and that makes things interesting, and lively.

One thing I've observed, is when Budge is posting, the traffic generally goes way up, whatever site it is on. I suppose that is a sign that she is jumpstarting a few lethargic brains.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104809' date='Oct 30 2006, 09:09 AM']
I monitor daily, perhaps 15 discussion sites, and 10 blogs, and a few news sites.

Call it an addiction, information and self improvement via the internet.

Budge is an interesting case study, very intelligent woman, and seems to have a grasp on certain issues that few care to bother with, such as the NWO, secret societies, and religious deceptions.

I just find her different, and that makes things interesting, and lively.

One thing I've observed, is when Budge is posting, the traffic generally goes way up, whatever site it is on. I suppose that is a sign that she is jumpstarting a few lethargic brains.
[/quote]
Some people cannot distinguish between grasp of a topic and mindless obsession, or actual discussion or mere hit-and-run catholic baiting.
The first is welcome, the second is trolling.

I am sincerely interested in people coming to Christ.

Those who are called to deal with Catholics are few and far between.

There arent many Christian ministries to Catholics.