An Old School Catholic Message Board

"former Catholics For Christ"

Katholikos

You Phatmassers may already know this, but I just found out that Budge is a member of "Former Catholics for Christ." I've encountered this group previously on the Net. Hate is their game and their agenda is the destruction of the Catholic Church. If they were "former Catholics," they didn't hang around long enough to learn anything. But they aggressively proselytize. Unfortunately, know-nothing Catholics are susceptible to their tactics.

I smell surphur burning.

---------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

She is ALSO a member of Phatmass.

So, does that make Budge a Catholic SYMPATHISER?

{ or is guilt by association a one way street?? }

Nice sidestep.

She belongs to BOTH forums, right? The case could be made that membership denotes agreement, and that WAS the case being presented....I merely pointed out the absurdity of that premise.

Fact: Budge is a member of "Former Catholics for 'Christ.'"
Fact: "Former Catholics for 'Christ'" is an anti-Catholic group.
Fact: Budge is a member of "Former Catholics for 'Christ.'"

Kathlikos merly put all three together. You are the one who is being obsurd.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104250' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:00 PM']
She is ALSO a member of Phatmass.

So, does that make Budge a Catholic SYMPATHISER?

{ or is guilt by association a one way street?? }
[/quote]
Since Budge's posts on here are all anti-Catholic proselytizing (perfectly in line with "Former Catholics for Christ"'s agenda), and since she does NOT promote the Catholic Faith on FCFC, Budge's alignment is clear and obvious.

Nice try, Oh Sleeping Brain.

no...Euty is right on this one. Guilty by association is silly. I would, however, believe that budge is most likely active in such a group. Thus, the initial statement of "Budge is a member of former 'Catholics for christ'" is true, as well as the implication that Budge spreads hate towards Catholics would also be true, but one cannot draw that conclusion from the initial statement. If one were to do so, one must also assume that simply being a member of phatmass also makes budge an advocate of Catholocism.

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1104276' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:29 PM']
no...Euty is right on this one. Guilty by association is silly. I would, however, believe that budge is most likely active in such a group. Thus, the initial statement of "Budge is a member of former 'Catholics for christ'" is true, as well as the implication that Budge spreads hate towards Catholics would also be true, but one cannot draw that conclusion from the initial statement. If one were to do so, one must also assume that simply being a member of phatmass also makes budge an advocate of Catholocism.
[/quote]
This actually wasn't a "guilt-by-association" argument. Budge's guilt as an extreme anti-Catholic is already well-established by her posts on Phatmass. (If you doubt this, simply do a search of her posts.) Katholicos was pointing out her association with FCFC not to prove her guilt (no need to), but to show that she is part of a larger anti-Catholic effort.

Edited by Socrates

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Socrates' post='1104285' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:47 PM']
This actually wasn't a "guilt-by-association" argument. Budge's guilt as an extreme anti-Catholic is already well-established by her posts on Phatmass. (If you doubt this, simply do a search of her posts.) Katholicos was pointing out her association with FCFC not to prove her guilt (no need to), but to show that she is part of a larger anti-Catholic effort.
[/quote]

Right. Likos wasn't making a "guilty by association" claim, he's clearly been to the FCFC forums. He knows what goes on over there.

If you really want to know, Budge is taking on some OCCULTISTS who are "PRETENDING" to be Roman Catholics.....

But then, discernment would have to be exercised in order to ferret out the real story over there, something that is in short supply in certain quarters.

The nets are loaded with fakers, pretending to be some version of "Christian" but who's real motivation, is to demean, and undermine Christianity, in any way shape or form that they can.

Budge is calling them out, and taking them to task.

With threads like this small wonder Budge hates the Catholic Church.

Seriously people, pratice Christian Charity- lay off her.

Thanks Catholicsinsd, you are nice to defend me like you do on here.

I did not post on FCFC for a very long time but my posting is more recent since the admin of the board has departed. And yes as Euch posted I am dealing with occultist pretend-Catholics and there are a few who have faked being evangelicals like Helen.

[quote name='Budge' post='1104587' date='Oct 29 2006, 10:48 PM']
Thanks Catholicsinsd, you are nice to defend me like you do on here.

[/quote]

No problem, I think [b]chivalry is very important,[/b] even if we do have different views on some things.