An Old School Catholic Message Board

"former Catholics For Christ"

Katholikos

[quote] There arent many Christian ministries to Catholics.[/quote]

And the very few who go, generally go insane after a few years, wash their hands of the entire endeavor, and go work on converting rocks instead.

Seriously.

I mean, just how many times can you deal with the SLOGANS that substitute for reality without going bonkers? How many times will you deal with reality being continually ignored in terms of "position papers"? Just how often can one tolerate being told "you don't understand" when you do? Why would you deal with people that just regurgitate continually materials written FOR THEM by others? How many pictures off mainstream sites that show this or that, with the Catholic Church telling you they are Photoshopped?

After a few years of this, it dawns on even the most optimistic, that the gap between reality, and the fairy tale HYPOTHETICAL CHURCH and the INVINCIBLE IGORANCE coupled with preening pride that you may as well teach hippopotamus's to tapdance than get the committed Roman Catholic to actually think and react to reality, rather than myth.

So, what happens, is the person just gives up, washes his or hands of the entire mess, and mentally gives them over to their pride, myths, false premises, and shallow worldly understandings of life and Christianity.

After all, you can only show them something how many times, before it dawns on the hardest heads, that the Catholic Church really doesn't WANT to know, doesn't CARE, and certainly will never use the bible for the intended purposes. They are firmly convinced IN ADVANCE that they are in the OTC, and ANYTHING that might show that to be unfounded, will be dismissed, discarded, and disregarded.

And finally, you just understand that interacting with them is a massive waste of time, both for you, and for them.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1107364' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:24 AM']
And the very few who go, generally go insane after a few years, wash their hands of the entire endeavor, and go work on converting rocks instead.

Seriously.

I mean, just how many times can you deal with the SLOGANS that substitute for reality without going bonkers? How many times will you deal with reality being continually ignored in terms of "position papers"? Just how often can one tolerate being told "you don't understand" when you do? Why would you deal with people that just regurgitate continually materials written FOR THEM by others? How many pictures off mainstream sites that show this or that, with the Catholic Church telling you they are Photoshopped?

After a few years of this, it dawns on even the most optimistic, that the gap between reality, and the fairy tale HYPOTHETICAL CHURCH and the INVINCIBLE IGORANCE coupled with preening pride that you may as well teach hippopotamus's to tapdance than get the committed Roman Catholic to actually think and react to reality, rather than myth.

So, what happens, is the person just gives up, washes his or hands of the entire mess, and mentally gives them over to their pride, myths, false premises, and shallow worldly understandings of life and Christianity.

After all, you can only show them something how many times, before it dawns on the hardest heads, that the Catholic Church really doesn't WANT to know, doesn't CARE, and certainly will never use the bible for the intended purposes. They are firmly convinced IN ADVANCE that they are in the OTC, and ANYTHING that might show that to be unfounded, will be dismissed, discarded, and disregarded.

And finally, you just understand that interacting with them is a massive waste of time, both for you, and for them.
[/quote]
Does this mean you are leaving?

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Budge' post='1107361' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:15 AM']
I am sincerely interested in people coming to Christ.

Those who are called to deal with Catholics are few and far between.

There arent many Christian ministries to Catholics.
[/quote]

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1107364' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:24 AM']

Seriously.

[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh you guys. I really needed it. :) I'm glad that you realize you're not about to convert any of us.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104575' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:42 PM']
If you really want to know, Budge is taking on some OCCULTISTS who are "PRETENDING" to be Roman Catholics.....

But then, discernment would have to be exercised in order to ferret out the real story over there, something that is in short supply in certain quarters.

The nets are loaded with fakers, pretending to be some version of "Christian" but who's real motivation, is to demean, and undermine Christianity, in any way shape or form that they can.

Budge is calling them out, and taking them to task.
[/quote]

I am a Catholic and actively participate on FCFC. Who are these "OCCULTISTS who are "PRETENDING" to be Roman Catholics"
you are referring to? There's NONE there that I'm aware of.

God bless you

[quote name='Budge' post='1104587' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:48 PM']
Thanks Catholicsinsd, you are nice to defend me like you do on here.

I did not post on FCFC for a very long time but my posting is more recent since the admin of the board has departed. And yes as Euch posted I am dealing with occultist pretend-Catholics and there are a few who have faked being evangelicals like Helen.
[/quote]

Budge, who are these "occultist pretend-Catholics" you are referring to? It is YOUR opinion that Helen is a sockpuppet for a Catholic. As I already told you, there is not a Catholic [b]in their right mind[/b] who would post what this "Helen" posted. Stop bearing false witness against Catholics, Budge!

God bless you

Edited by Jasvon

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1107364' date='Nov 1 2006, 11:24 AM']

[/quote]

So, what's this say about you here wasting your time? LOL!!

God bless you

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Era Might' post='1104290' date='Oct 29 2006, 07:54 PM']
I'd rather be a Catholic for Christ. :)
[/quote]

Yes! A Catholic Knight for Christ even :sword:

[quote]and [b]there are a few who have faked being evangelicals [/b] [u]like Helen.[/u]

[quote]
Budge, who are these "occultist pretend-Catholics" you are referring to? It is YOUR opinion that Helen is a sockpuppet for a Catholic. As I already told you, there is not a Catholic in their right mind who would post what this "Helen" posted. Stop bearing false witness against Catholics, Budge!

God bless you[/quote][/quote]

Reread what I wrote above Jasvon.

She is faking being an Evangelical, a Calvinist type of some sort

[quote name='Budge' post='1107448' date='Nov 1 2006, 01:31 PM']
Reread what I wrote above Jasvon.

She is faking being an Evangelical, a Calvinist type of some sort
[/quote]

Once again, Budge, who are these "occultist-pretend Catholics" on FCFC? And, Budge, on FCFC, you outright accused Catholics of being the sockpuppet Helen, so are you now changing your story?

God bless you

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1107422' date='Nov 1 2006, 02:04 PM']
Thanks for the laugh you guys. I really needed it. :) I'm glad that you realize you're not about to convert any of us.
[/quote]
Indeed. Those who are devout and knowledgeable Catholics don't become evangelicals, but those who are devout and knowledgeable evangelicals often become Catholics. :)