An Old School Catholic Message Board

'i Want Jesus' Teen Dies After Stun Gun Zap

cappie

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1108144' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:15 PM']
Do you a metally ill person would be scared of cop? They should have kept talking, and tried to get him his mother or Jesus.
I work with 3.
[/quote]

You know then that talking doesn't always work. In most cases it does, if you're calm, and you're trained for such things. (I personally feel that police officers need more training in dealing with the mentally ill) However, sometimes, the talking doesn't work. In that case, you need to subdue the person so that he isn't a danger to himself or others. They chose a method they thought would be safe, and it ended up not being safe. But the truth is, there is no perfectly safe method of dealing with things like this. He could have been killed by any number of other methods including physical attempts to subdue him.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1108146' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:16 PM']
Catholicnsd.

You've put forth your idea on how to deal with such situations. I've given you one, now solve it. No in HFD we do not carry tasers. Can you make a call or not? You are in the same situation cops and firefighters face every day, now go.
[/quote]

Was your method judo too, Winchester?

[img]http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/blue/taiotoshi2.gif[/img]

Edited by KizlarAgha

[quote]com?bat?ive? /k?m?bæt?v, ?k?mb?t?v, ?k?m-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-bat-iv, kom-buh-tiv, kuhm-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
ready or inclined to fight; pugnacious
[/quote]

[quote]com·bat·ive (km-btv) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "combative" [P]
adj.

Eager or disposed to fight
[/quote]

Apperantly talking was not working.

[mod]personal attack[/mod]

Edited by Lil Red

[quote name='Winchester' post='1108146' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:16 PM']
Catholicnsd.

You've put forth your idea on how to deal with such situations. I've given you one, now solve it. No in HFD we do not carry tasers. Can you make a call or not? You are in the same situation cops and firefighters face every day, now go.
[/quote]

I think tending my wound would be first.