Totus Tuus Posted November 27, 2006 Posted November 27, 2006 (edited) JMJ On EWTN, Father Miguel gave an awesome homily on the Memorial of St. Cecilia concerning music (both secular and liturgical). He said that Father Gabriel Amorth had a quote in one of his articles testifying that three [i]popular[/i] record labels are owned by Wiccans (no surprise there). He went on to go through the agenda that the Wiccans have: using music to win souls. (He articulated various points). My problem is, I CAN'T FIND THE COMPANIES LISTED! Even Google, wonderful Google, has not helped me in my search. Does anyone know of a better search engine, or, perhaps, know the record labels? I want to make sure I don't buy any of the albums they produce. Thanks Oh by the way I HIGHLY recommend giving a listen to the homily: [url="http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/latestadditions/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=9957&fldSeriesName=Today%27s+Homily+%28Archived+homilies%29"]http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/latest...ved+homilies%29[/url] It's the Homily by Fr. Miguel on November 22nd. God bless, Lauren Edited November 27, 2006 by Totus Tuus
Didymus Posted November 27, 2006 Posted November 27, 2006 Were they widely known labels, like Virgin or Jive?
melporcristo Posted November 28, 2006 Posted November 28, 2006 You could maybe e-mail Father Gabriel or look for the article.
Totus Tuus Posted November 28, 2006 Author Posted November 28, 2006 ^^ I have been trying to find the article; that's what I was saying in my first post. If anyone knows where to find Father Gabriel Amorth's e-mail address that would be groovy, but he probably gets a lot of mail being the chief exorcist for the Vatican....
philosophette Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 Here is an example of some of the subliminal messages that may be in some songs. It is called backmasking. [url="http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm"]http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm[/url]
ardillacid Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 [quote name='philosobrat' post='1134309' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:55 PM'] Here is an example of some of the subliminal messages that may be in some songs. It is called backmasking. [url="http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm"]http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm[/url] [/quote] You have got to be kidding.
philosophette Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 I know. I am not entirely sure of what I think of it. Some of it is interesting, others are sort of a stretch.
Loyola Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 Yeah my favorite electronic group uses a ton of back masked, chopped up, sped up, and slowed down speech in their music. *scratches chin*
IcePrincessKRS Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 [quote name='philosobrat' post='1134309' date='Dec 3 2006, 08:55 PM'] Here is an example of some of the subliminal messages that may be in some songs. It is called backmasking. [url="http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm"]http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm[/url] [/quote] Does anyone find it interesting that about half of those are Beatles songs?
Loyola Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 Oh man I'm a huge Beatles fan. On every one of the backward tracks I had to display the text for what was being said, because my ear couldn't catch any of it.
IcePrincessKRS Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 I didn't play any of them because my 20 month old was asleep next to me, so I just read it.
philosophette Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1134333' date='Dec 3 2006, 08:32 PM'] Does anyone find it interesting that about half of those are Beatles songs? [/quote] I do. I did think that that was a little odd... I wonder if it is a case of something like the "Bible Code" of several years ago - if you look hard enough you will eventually find something, even if it really is meaningless and totally random.
Didymus Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 yeah I've been studying the backmasking for some time. the Britney Spears one is pretty sad, and the pokemon thing is just weird and creepy. But by far the creepiest and most realistic is "Stairway to Heaven." If any of them are for real, it's that one...
hope4thenew Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 what about at the end of Darling Nikki on the Purple Rain album where Prince sings... "Hello, how are you? I'm fine, 'cause I know that the Lord is coming soon. Coming, coming soon." spooky?
Totus Tuus Posted December 4, 2006 Author Posted December 4, 2006 What's in Stairway to Heaven? I know in one of P.O.D.'s songs (I was a big POD fan back in the day , Guitarres de Amor (forgive me if I slaughtered the spelling), John 3:16 was actually played backwards, as it is an instrumental piece with light "chanting" in the background. I don't agree with that at all. I was very confused at the time, as they call themselves a Christian song. I think, however, they must be slightly confused about their Christian identity as they also have a song featuring a Rastafarian...
Loyola Posted December 4, 2006 Posted December 4, 2006 Yeah, I always say there are no coincidences. I find it hard to believe that artists tried to make messages when played backwards. It's pointless to do so. Most people listen to music played normally.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now