Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, i'm bumping this thread.


Katie, after over a year, I've resisted the scissors, and my hair is now about an inch past my shoulders! No more triangle head! YAY! I can do so much more with it.

I'm still a chicken and haven't dyed it.

But, its summer and HOT, so the scissors are looking good again... :huh: I'm so tempted to cut it to be cool for summer, but I know come fall, triangle head will be back. :lol:

And I love the bouncy cream!!! It's great.

Done anything new to yours lately?

Posted

[quote name='Carrie' date='Feb 4 2004, 01:15 PM']Katie, can you straighten your hair yourself?  If you do, what do you recommend for doing it?  If I try to do it on my own, it takes 2 hours.  I use a high powered blow dryer and a round brush.  When I go to the salon, it takes them about an hour and then only lasts a day or 2.  Any ideas would be appreciated!
[right][snapback]112794[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHHH, that's my problem too!!!

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I've dyed it. I haven't cut it since last fall, though. I was getting the itch too, and very nearly had my sister in law cut it a few weeks ago, so I opted to start dying it instead. lol

let me see if I can find some pictures so show the difference....

Posted

Cool!

Dudette, I guess you're curly too, huh?

Posted

yes URGH! It's sooooo annoying. I can't wear it down. :sadder:

Posted

Try the Bouncy Cream that Ice was talking about. It works wonders!

Posted

do I have to order it over the internet?

Posted

It depends. Katie orders her I think. But a salon close to me sells it, so I just get it from there (i'm cheap, so I'd rather not pay for shipping if I don't need to).

Posted

hmm...I bookmarked the link on my computer at home. I don't think we get it around here but I can ask a salon if they can get it....

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

In April: This is my natural color but my hair was still wet from my shower so its actually a little darker in the picture.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture098.jpg[/img]

June: from when I lightened my hair.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture266.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture067.jpg[/img]

My current brilliant red (its in a pony tail today, but the pictures from June basically show how long it is, it hasn't grown THAT much in a month lol):
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture566.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture581.jpg[/img]

I took this one a couple weeks ago the first time I dyed it this red shade, but the picture turned out kind of dark, I think you can see it better in the first two.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/Picture421.jpg[/img]

Last year's short hair cut (haha I'm wearing the same shirt!)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/100_1589.jpg[/img]

Posted

yeah, my hair's a little less curly then yours Katie.....lol and it's longer. :mellow: So it requires more hairspray.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Dudette, I haven't bought any really recently. When my hair is really short like last summer I use paste-like products to make it hold better, and when its long I use the Bouncy Cream. The last time I got it I asked for it for Christmas and my brother got me the huge liter container so I haven't had to buy it in a long time (you don't need to use much, especially when your hair isn't really long, so the huge container lasts a really long time)... so in short I've never actually had to order it before. I'd call all the local salons and see if any of them sell it first. Also hit up Rite Aid, they sell some salon products, so on the off chance that they have it you can check there. I think they mainly have Paul Mitchell and Redkin, but its worth a try. If worse comes to worse whoever you usually go to to get your hair cut may be able to order it for you. :)

Posted

ok, I'll have to do some calling around here in the city. I know one professional salon carries redkin....anyway, thanks!

Posted

Katie, I love the color! Very pretty! I really like last year's cut too. It looks so easy to manage! My face is a bit rounder than yours, so I don't think that short would be good for me.

I've always thought about going red, but I'm such a wimp! I'm afraid I'd have to bleach my hair first to get any other color to show. I'm hesitant about drying it out so much.

Dudette, does yours take forever to grow out?

Posted

well.....depends. I usually don't cut my hair extremely short though i did in March and it hasn't grown tons but enough. I can't wait for it to grow back fully, I miss my long hair.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

It was pretty easy, but I had to use styling pastes to keep it in place, anything less and my hair would just poof out. And honestly, the style they gave me in the salon made me feel years and years older than I am, it just wasn't a very youthful style... kind of old lady-ish, but when I got home I wet it down and rearranged everything and then I looked normal. lol

With darker hair you may have to lighten it a few shades to get the shade of red you want, but you wouldn't have to bleach it out alot. With the color I have now even my darkest roots took the same shade as the blonder color I had it in June, you can't tell the difference. I can understand the hesitance, though, when I first dyed my hair I'd only use temporary dyes, now its all or nothing. haha And as long as its well conditioned it shouldn't get too fried, my hair is still quite healthy. If I don't wash it for a day or two (which can happen when you have kids underfoot lol) it will feel a *little* drier (not bad, though), but once I wash and condition it goes back to its soft silky self. I've done some deep conditioning treatments, too, and those really help.

Posted

I love deep conditioning treatments!

When I have time, I'll put one in my hair, put on a mud mask, and give myself a pedicure and manicure. So much fun!

I'm going to think about it. I really want to try something new...and I think changing the color might help me stay away from scissors.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I have a friend who actually goes to the Wal Mart salon for their deep conditioning treatment, she says its awesome and it smells soooo nice. She tried to get them to sell her some of it, but for whatever reason they can't or won't. Its exclusively licensed for the salon, or something like that.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

My new aquisition [via my daughter] is [i]Beyond the Zone Flasher Techno Shine Spray.[/i]

Makes your hair shiny and managable :)

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 11 2005, 04:37 PM']I have a friend who actually goes to the Wal Mart salon for their deep conditioning treatment, she says its awesome and it smells soooo nice. She tried to get them to sell her some of it, but for whatever reason they can't or won't. Its exclusively licensed for the salon, or something like that.
[right][snapback]639700[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't have a Wal Mart! :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...