An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prove To Me When God Gives A Child A Soul

zeyeon

[quote name='uruviel' post='1137843' date='Dec 7 2006, 11:18 PM']
You make a good point, but my point is when God creates a human, at the instant of conception it has a soul.
got2luvjc, I think your absolutely right. You can't prove something that's imaterial, you can't prove to me that I have a soul. It all boils down to faith, just as we may not be able to understand the Blessed Trinity, we believe it because God revealed it. I believe I have a soul because God says I do, basically. But there's not 'proof' of my soul.
[/quote]

oh how I love PM. I was talking to my boyfriend not too long ago, and I referenced this thread! yay! we were talking about faith & reason verses science, which has to do with what I wrote below:

I told him that I love him, and he asked me how could he know that. And I said that I can't physically hand you a chunk of love, it's a feeling, it's a soul thing, it's in our hearts and minds. But if we take the scientific standpoint, love cannot exist because it cannot be proven scientifically. Now, maybe I'm just a silly goose, but but I believe 100% that love exists, and 100% that from conception it's a human life.