An Old School Catholic Message Board

War On Christmas

Hascal

Is there a "War on Christmas"  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Groo the Wanderer

tytyty! She has my fire and intellect, but not my temper.

Makes her MUCH better suited for these kind of things. People tend to not take me as seriously in person when I turn red and my hand start shaking with anger over these kinds of things...LORF!

I'll have her look you up in 12 years or so..maybe go to work for ya! ^_^

exquisitebones

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1136528' date='Dec 6 2006, 11:46 AM']
Next time you go shopping and someone hits you with that 'Happy Holidays' nonsense, look em in the eye, smile broadly and sweetly, and say 'not quite. try again.'

It's amazing to see the range of responses. Some smile big and say Merry Christmas, some repeat Happy Holidays blithely, some stnad there and look all confused until you tell them to have a Merry Christmas.

[/quote]

this happened to me last year.. rmemeber that target scandal? where they told there employees not to say christmas.... my mom (who is an extremely edgy woman anyway) yelled at them when they said happy holiday. she was like "MERRY CHRISTMAS, thats the holiday CHRISTMAS!"
it was too funny. and kinda sad, cos it was not the girls fault that target sucked that year.. :ohno:

I think its so silly, when i was in school and everything was "winter celebration" and what not, its christmas, seriously MOST of america celebrates christmas, and with respect to the jews, I say happy chanakuh.(sp?) ( i have a few jewish firends, who dont even care......)

also, i wish that christmas was not so commerical. but thats a whole 'nother story ... :D:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1141029' date='Dec 12 2006, 11:20 PM']
The War is back on!

My daughter was asked to write the flyer going to home to parents asking for each kiddo to bring something for the class party. In it, she concluded by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

The teacher told her that was not allowed and to change it to Happy Holidays. Kathryn asked her exactly which holiday we were celebrating. The teacher got flustered. My 11 yr old then proceeded to remind her that they are not out of school ffor Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Ramadan. On top of that, it is not a 'Winter Break' either, since it actually starts in the last week of Fall.

Teacher was a bit put out and reminded Kathryn that 'we all have to be sure not to offend people that don't celebrate Christmas'. She was not happy when my daugther retorted (politely) that the one Muslim girl in the class DOES celebrate Christmas and even has a Christmas tree in her house. The teacher had no answer when questioned about who in the class was upset about the word 'Christmas'.

Sad thing is, this 'teacher' claims to be a Christian. I SO hate public schools! :maddest: :maddest: Seems we must be careful to only offend Christians now...

God help all of us who fail to defend His Church...
[/quote]
I like your kid...

cmotherofpirl

Last night one of the networks ran a mockumentary of Christmas, just anothr little item in the war.

I am looking forward to one on the life on Joseph Smith or Mohammed or Luther.

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1135488' date='Dec 5 2006, 09:54 AM']
Frankly there is a war on everything Catholics belive. <_<
[/quote]

Oh, I agree with you! :(