An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Everything Catholicism Book

EcceNovaFacioOmni

hyperdulia again

He still is the Perfect Dispenser of Perfect Mercy tho'. And yes I do say His Mercy itself is perfect, sometimes it so Perfect it becomes Justice.

hyperdulia again

I've written the clearest and shortest statements I possibly can.

God is Perfect. His Mercy is Perfect, because it is His. No that does not mean that in every instant He is being what the Human intellect can readily appreciate as merciful. I know not else how to say it.

PatrickRitaMichael

Yeah, I read quite a bit of it in Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago and I wanted to burn it so that others wouldn't read the book and get misconceptions about the Church. I can't say whether or not it was orthodox b/c I'm not an expert and I don't know cool latin phrases to tell you :) BUT I did look at it and I found that the perspective was of an outsider looking in w/ a very skeptical, secular American viewpoint. It did mention something about there being female bishops before and I think that that idea (a lie) is enough to tell you that if you want info on Catholicism, don't read that book!

Edited by PatrickRitaMichael

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Yeah it seemed to give the impression that Catholic doctrine can change and that women may someday be ordained. I can't believe big book series like Everything and Complete Idiots Guide released these horrible books. Think of the non-Catholics and curious Catholics that read these...

Hyper,

Slightly foreign, as in from Alabama! :D

Just kidding, and no need to again list your wonderful and varied ethnic background. It makes me dizzy. :huh:

peace...

God is perfect.

God is merciful.

When God wields mercy, it's perfect.

God is just.

When God metes out justice, it's perfect.

We aren't omniscient, so don't know perfection completely.

What's the problem? Are ya' jus' lookin' for trouble?

• 2 years later...

I actually have this book. I bought it when I was first getting interested in the Faith, and even I, as a baby in the Faith wasn't impressed. It's neither very informative nor inspiring. Bleh.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I junked mine. I felt bad but after thinking about it, I relaized its existence meant more harm than good.