An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1155612' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:01 PM']They havent played it live since. They finally played orion in full this summer at every gig.
[/quote]

maybe its best that way.
Kinda Cliff's thing anyways. I think he played it at the first concert metallica did with him as the bassist. It was right when Hetfield introduced him as the new one. That was still back with Mustaine.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1140780' date='Dec 12 2006, 05:29 PM']
im a pretty heavy metal head. i still dont really like death metal(nile, cannibal corpse) but i suppose thats a good thing but other than that, everything else. other than candlemass i dont listen to any other christian bands, i go where my guitarist ears take me. hmmmm, sacreligious

i like megadeth, mastadon, iron maiden, judas priest and exodus currently the most.
[/quote]

[b] Funny how you quoted you like Megadeath, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest. They're open followers of Satan. Why on earth would you join a Christian site and be filling your mind with Satan's filth? Seriously...[/b]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1140780' date='Dec 12 2006, 05:29 PM']
im a pretty heavy metal head. i still dont really like death metal(nile, cannibal corpse) but i suppose thats a good thing but other than that, everything else. other than candlemass i dont listen to any other christian bands, i go where my guitarist ears take me. hmmmm, sacreligious

i like megadeth, mastadon, iron maiden, judas priest and exodus currently the most.
[/quote]

[b] Funny how you quoted you like Megadeath, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest. They're open followers of Satan. Why on earth would you join a Christian site and be filling your mind with Satan's filth? Seriously...[/b]

I don't think that Megadeth are followers of Satan at all, in fact Dave Mustaine's a Christian.
I don't know much about Judas Priest, but one of Iron Maiden's member's a Christian, although they're anti-Catholic.

[color="#006600"]Here's a quote from one of Megadeth's songs. If indeed Mustaine is a Christian, then he probably became one after this song. I don't know. The rest of them are drenched in filth. How can a group singing with lyrics like these have so many Christians listening to them? And don't say it's for show. Would you speak like that about your Lord Jesus for money and fame? I hope not. I'm posting some other quotes from other well known rock bands, so you guys can wake up to reality. [/color]

"Looking down the cross bleeding from the crown...
Kill the king of the world to be."
"Look Down At The Cross" by Megadeth

"I don't need Jesus Christ superstar."
"(Don't Need) Religion" by Motorhead

"Serpent Jesus, Snakes of Christ."
"Snakes of Christ" by Danzig

"Like I need to be saved, In your Jesus Christ pose."
"Jesus Christ Pose" by Soundgarden

"Jesus don't ya git tired of turnin' tricks..."
"Right Next Door to Hell" by Guns N Roses

"If Jesus saves, well he'd better save himself."
"Hymn 43" by Jethro Tull

"Jesus Christ, deny your maker."
"Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains

"I'll heal your wounds, I'll set you free,
I'm Jesus Christ on Ecstacy."
"smell of elderberries" by Nine Inch Nails

"Broken down Jesus with a taste for trash..."
"U.V. Ray" by The Jesus and Mary Chain

"Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now...
He has needs, like I do. We both want to rape you."
"Opiate" by Tool

"My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink &
I Don't Love Jesus.
Jimmy Buffett

"The Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
Is just somebody's unholy hoax."
"Dear God" by XTC

[color="#000099"] [/color][color="#990000"] [/color]

Edited by Urib2007

Yeah, I know a lot of metal bands are anti-Christian, but not all of them are, and only some are actually Satanic, like probably Deicide and Cradle of Filth and those black metal metal bands that burnt down churches.
Cannibal Corpse write about some really sick stuff, but they don't actually do what their songs describe, same with some other metal bands who talk about Satan, they may hate religion including Christianity, but they don't practise Satanism.

Dave Mustaine apparently only became a "born-again" Christian not too long ago, he even had a pastor with him on a recent tour and refused to play with bands he perceived as being Satanic.
From Megadeth's 2004 "The System Has Failed" album
"My Kingdom Come"[quote]The flag that I once planted as a king I abandoned
And now I reclaim this banner by God my sword and my name
In a truce sealed by blood within this metal skin and all that I own
Blood, bone, and courage in my veins and the heart that pumps it[/quote]
Shadow Of Deth (Psalm 23)[quote]Auxilium meum a Domino

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me
In the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever
[/quote]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1140780' date='Dec 12 2006, 08:29 PM']

[/quote]
Let the Apostosy continue. . .

I am here only to feed the sheep of Jesus, to live holy lives before God. Look at one of the deceived ones, who continues to try to deceive others. Be not like him, come out from amongst them, and serve God alone.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1158018' date='Jan 7 2007, 08:20 AM']
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me. That is stereotyping heavy metal right there. Dave mustaine from megadeth is a catholic, has recently decided not to play some songs he wrote long ago because they are bad. Iron maiden's drummer is christian. I'm pretty sure Rob Halford from judas priest is christian too. If you wanna call it filth atleast back up what you say and find some better band them too :lol:

Dave Mustaine is Catholic?!!!! ^_^ Awesome!

the worst most of these bands have ever gotten into is drugs and alchohol, but even some of them have gotten help and recovered.

Im pretty sure i read catholic, but either way he is christian. He at least stood up for his beliefs, he refused to share the stage at a Greek festival with the black metal band rotting christ.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1158017' date='Jan 7 2007, 07:19 AM']
[/quote]

personally im not entirely sure why you came into this thread at all. unless you're closed mind thinks that all metal bands and their followers are satanists. which frankly is a load of tripe. and many of the lyrics you posted to me are just frustration with an organized religion. like the jethro tull quote, is really about how the singer thinks the church is deviating from the life and values that jesus christ had. certainly not satanic. or even anti christ.
why dont you try losing some of your prejudices? last time i checked my bible, jesus didnt really like to hold onto stereotypes.

oh and another good band to listen to is Amon Amarth. they have the best and most inventive drummer i have ever heard, and have a neat, unique sound. they are a "viking metal" band from sweden, so most, if not all of their lyrics (growling voice, but very understandable) are about viking and norse lore. while vikings didnt much like christians, if you can get past that they are a good band. try out "the beheading of a king" and listen for the drum intro and the first drum solo section about a minute into it. also "death in fire" has some cool guitar melodies later in the song. cmon, who didnt like vikings as a kid?

Edited by Jesus_lol

Amon Amarth, interesting live band. Seen them twice.

*full truth, i see you in here. am i deceived one for liking heavy metal?

Edited by Fixxxer

if I were a hobbit, I would listen to Amon Amarth whilst embarking on dangerous quests...

I'm not sure if this has been clarified yet, but is mofca Mike Ofca?