Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

im sure he has...



oh for another good guy to listen to check out gay moore, depending what album you choose its either hard blues or guitar oriented metal songs. he was the lead guitar on thin lizzy and then went on to do a massive solo career

Posted

im sure he has...



oh for another good guy to listen to check out gay moore, depending what album you choose its either hard blues or guitar oriented metal songs. he was the lead guitar on thin lizzy and then went on to do a massive solo career

I'm Mr. Snikkers
Posted

You still have an awesome avatar.

Posted

thanks snikkers!

oops in both my posts i messed up. it sould be Gary moore, not gay moore. check out the albums "corridors of power" and "victims of the future"

Posted

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=PiUmvLhzP3U"]This[/url] is the best Cliff Burton video I have seen yet. His intensity is awesome! At around 3:35 to 3:52 especially, he just goes nuts playing and acting out the vocals at the same time.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted (edited)

Kinda looks like his face is gonna explode. :hehehe:

And I can't believe that's Hetfield! Wow!...

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

yeah, hes like, "Everyone!...hi Cliff!!!"

Posted

great video didymus! i love the improvising he does on the opening riffs.
RIP Cliff

check [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CQSox9ii0"]THIS[/url] out, my favorite video of dimebag darrel, playing the solos to floods. gives me a chill everytime i hear them, simply amazing.
:rip:

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1166521' date='Jan 15 2007, 11:57 PM']
great video didymus! i love the improvising he does on the opening riffs.
RIP Cliff

check [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CQSox9ii0"]THIS[/url] out, my favorite video of dimebag darrel, playing the solos to floods. gives me a chill everytime i hear them, simply amazing.
:rip:
[/quote]

Oooooh :bigshock: that's pretty sweet, dude.

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1166521' date='Jan 15 2007, 11:57 PM']
great video didymus! i love the improvising he does on the opening riffs.
RIP Cliff

check [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CQSox9ii0"]THIS[/url] out, my favorite video of dimebag darrel, playing the solos to floods. gives me a chill everytime i hear them, simply amazing.
:rip:
[/quote]


makes me wanna cry. RIP Darrel Abbot

Posted

i think everyone should post their favorite musician videos, would be interesting.


i have occasionally found a peice of music that i can listen to non stop for a hundred times in a row and it never diminishes in effect. those solos are one example of that. i have probably seen that video 50 times

Posted

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=7D6G2FFJpCs"]The Outlaw Torn[/url]

I can listen to that over and over.

I'm Mr. Snikkers
Posted

I already posted one.

Posted

Cliff Burton has got to be one of my all time fave bassists...even if I was only a kid when he passed, I wanted to play just like him, (and Jeff Walker of Carcass) lol!

RIP Dimebag :sadder: - I got to meet them n watch them rehearse back when they did the Cowboys From Hell tour in Italy. It was amazing.

Posted

What was it like when you met them?!! Is there a story?

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1167298' date='Jan 16 2007, 06:31 PM']
[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=7D6G2FFJpCs"]The Outlaw Torn[/url]

I can listen to that over and over.
[/quote]

Ditto... well, the song anyways... and probably the video.

Posted

[quote name='Didymus' post='1167470' date='Jan 17 2007, 03:42 AM']
What was it like when you met them?!! Is there a story?
[/quote]
No big story but what a fun experience! I was doing an interview for my fanzine and they let me watch sound-check. I mainly talked to Phil, about ancient Rome, and the Christians martyrd in the Colosseum. They were so generous- and signed autographs for my kid brother and my classmates, bless them! I got to watch Cemetary Gates rehearsed :D:

Posted

[quote name='misereremi' post='1168051' date='Jan 17 2007, 08:02 AM']
No big story but what a fun experience! I was doing an interview for my fanzine and they let me watch sound-check. I mainly talked to Phil, about ancient Rome, and the Christians martyrd in the Colosseum. They were so generous- and signed autographs for my kid brother and my classmates, bless them! I got to watch Cemetary Gates rehearsed :D:
[/quote]

that sounds awesome!!!

Posted

what would your ultimate metal band be?they dont all have to be alive. for instance

Drums: fredrick andersson(amon amarth)
Bass; Cliff Burton (metallica)
Rythym Guitar: james Hetfeild (metallica) or Dave Mustaine(megadeth)
Lead Guitar: Dimebag Darrel(pantera)
Vocals: Ronnie James Dio (sabbath,rainbow and DIO)

Posted (edited)

wow, thats hard. These are my picks as of now

Drums: David Dahir (Cellador)
Bass: Burton
Rhythm: hmmmm... Tom Petty (j/k)
Lead: Jasun Tipton (Zero Hour) and or Kirk Hammet (metallica)
Vocals: a crossbreed of Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage) and Michael Gremio (Cellador)

Edited by Didymus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...