An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

I saw them in open in August for Bullet For My Valentine at the house of blues. It was so loud in such a tight space that I had to look them up on the internet later to hear how the guitars actually sound. It was almost funny to see them switch back and forth on their REALLY fast sweep picking solos, but not really hear a note at all. I was like 10 feet from a 6' tall stack of speakers.

Good times...

ah man! i wanna see BFMV, i couldnt go when they came to houston in september, they came on a sunday night :(. I dont like BFMV's gimmick to much but they music is good.

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1161197' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:35 PM']
ah man! i wanna see BFMV, i couldnt go when they came to houston in september, they came on a sunday night :(. I dont like BFMV's gimmick to much but they music is good.
[/quote]

what gimmick? like the whole murder theme? Their banner looked pretty sweet, with the guns on either side of the drawing...

[img]http://www.musicomh.com/pictures/bullet-for-my-valentine/1.jpg[/img]

Edited by Didymus

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1161293' date='Jan 11 2007, 07:57 AM']
If you listen to their lyrics its kinda emoish, like missing your girlfriend and stuff. Room 409, FTW
[/quote]

yeah, thats true

[quote name='I'm Mr. Snikkers' post='1161316' date='Jan 11 2007, 08:44 AM']
What's a medalhead?
[/quote]

A metalhead is someone who listens to metal (heavy metal, thrash metal, speed metal, etc.)

im not too much into BFMV, i like their song "hand of blood" but other than that, not really. i heard the scorpions were going to be releasing a new album soon, anyone else got some info on that? skorps are definitely one of my all time favorite bands

[quote name='Didymus' post='1161374' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:31 AM']
I like to listen to that Hurricane song when they did it with the Berlin Philharmonic
[/quote]

yah, huirricane 2000. also look for hurricane 2001, its a completely redone acoustic version, very good.
my favorites are "no one like you", and "still loving you" and the ones mentioned above

Does anyone know anything about Mystic Prophecy? They came up on my station, and I like their sound. I also like the setup of the band as well (one guitar, separate vocalist)

Edited by Didymus

xTrishaxLynnx

I really like Firewind, which is one of Gus' other bands. And I thought Mystic Prophecy had two guitarists? :unsure:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/firewind"]Firewind's MySpace[/url]

xTrishaxLynnx

Gus isn't even a part of Mystic Prophecy anymore I guess... :blink:

this is their myspace [url="http://www.myspace.com/mysticprophecy"]Mystic Prophecy[/url]

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1161827' date='Jan 11 2007, 05:30 PM']And I thought Mystic Prophecy had two guitarists? :unsure:[/quote]

thats right. My bad