An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I Out Of Line?

catholicinsd

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Birgitta Noel

Place her in the arms of our Blessed Mother and at the foot of the Cross. She will not be abandoned. Place yourself there as well. I know you are suffering too.

It is humbling to realize that we cannot do all and that we must trust.

Goodnight my friend. Rest in the arms of Christ. :yawn:

cmotherofpirl

In the end, her free will determines her life's course, and you are not responsible for her choices. It is so very hard to watch someone self-destruct in front of you, knowing you cannot help them.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Prayer is the most effective weapon we have against evil.
Pray like it all depends on you, trust God cause it all depends on Him.
And never forget even though we don't mention it, Phatmass Phamily is praying as well.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1142017' date='Dec 14 2006, 01:58 AM']
Well...
[/quote]

"Abandon" her to the infinite Mercy and Care of God, the arms of her family, her priest, and any professional care her family decides [if that's at all in the picture..I'm not insinuating anything here].

Your place is to pray for her, have compassion for her and to live your faith and take great care of your soul.

As hard as this may sound, you have to get out of the way for your own sake. Not too long ago I had a dear friend who took a terrible detour [vague but trust me] I pitched in to help [yet again] and something very, very unpleasant happened. My priest told me that sometimes, for the sake of our own well being and souls, we have to let people go. Pray daily for her, but let her go....to where she can be healed.

Let her family be with her, her priest, and most of all God. Our hearts get broken by those we love and care about, especially in these situations. There is little we can physically do. What you can do, is give her one prayer at a time and trust.

• 2 weeks later...
catholicinsd

Here's latest...

I wasn't in contact with her for a while, however not she IMed me and told I'm going to Hell. She said she's praying for that, because she thinks she's going and she wants us together... Yeah.

She also said that in order for her to not be baptized Satanicly, I must be so baptized.

Holy Mary, & St. Michael, pray for us both

catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1154132' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:07 PM']
Here's latest...

I wasn't in contact with her for a while, however not she IMed me and told I'm going to Hell. She said she's praying for that, because she thinks she's going and she wants us together... Yeah.

She also said that in order for her to not be baptized Satanicly, I must be so baptized.

[/quote]

bump

goldenchild17

It's sad, but first and foremost you need to look out for your own soul. Being baptised as such would not help you at all, and certainly wouldn't help her come back to the faith as she expressed that she wants you both in hell and would only confirm her in her sin.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1154132' date='Jan 1 2007, 11:07 PM']
Here's latest...

[/quote]
What's the point of posting this?

Such moronic nonsense is not worth even giving thought to.

Absolutely no good is coming out of this "relationship." Don't pay any attention whatever to this person's asinine messages, and block her from your email, IM, etc.

And I'd suggest spending less time online in general.