An Old School Catholic Message Board

In Your Diet Foods...

Pontifite 7 of 10

LOL

Hey you guys better all stop drinking coffee, eating chocolate, drinking soda and pop, and also especially energy drinks.

Because caffeine can cause and irregualr heartbeat.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='chickens4life' post='1145226' date='Dec 18 2006, 08:36 PM']
splenda's not that great either. It is a chlorinated sucrose dervative that has cuases swelling of the liver and kidneys, reduced fetal weight, aborted pregnancy, and al kinds of other great stuff. :)

[url="http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/"]http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/[/url]
[/quote]

Dasani flavored water is sweetened with Splenda :o So is Aquafina Flavorsplash :scream:

:ohno:

phenylalinine is synthesized in the human body. just thought i would pass that on.

Edited by Red Knight

I heard that the sweetness Aspartame was discovered by NASA, who was using it in one of their projects (never meant for human consumption...)

I don't mean to sound conspiratorial but there are many substances passed by the FDA that are done so because of monetary incentive, not safe use.

Aspartame is a synthetic substance that, when broken down by heat, converts to formalin, a derivative of formaldehyde. A diet coke was left out in the heat by a science professor of mine, back when I was in school. When she went to pick it up later, its weight was significantly reduced. When she opened the container, in a room, she had to leave the room, because of the noxious fumes within. She then contacted the Coca Cola corp, who then after cajoling or whatever persuasive methods she used, told her its contents and scientific breakdowns.

And yet, it is true that it does NOT aid in any weight loss because it actually is a hunger stimulant vs. being a supressant. So, while all those people are drinking diet sodas, believing they are being weight conscious, that may not be the case at all.

While the process of making Splenda uses chlorine, at least its original substance is a natural one. Lesser of two evils? Or perhaps le sucre (sugar) is the best of all options because it is not synthetic in any of its forms.

[quote name='prose' post='1146537' date='Dec 20 2006, 03:23 PM']
Eh..

Whatever.

I just made my tea this morning with 2.. not one, TWO packs of aspertame.

:)
[/quote]

Wow, you must like it really sweet!!

I thought aspartame was dangerous only in very large quantities?

In any case, I use Splenda.

This actually isn't new knowledge.... my Mom has never allowed sugar substitutes in our house because one of the first things she learned in nursing school over 20 years ago was that sugar subsitutes can, among other thigs, cause cancer.

[quote name='Tindomiel' post='1148087' date='Dec 23 2006, 11:03 AM']
This actually isn't new knowledge.... my Mom has never allowed sugar substitutes in our house because one of the first things she learned in nursing school over 20 years ago was that sugar subsitutes can, among other thigs, cause cancer.
[/quote]

Saccharin was proven to cause bladder cancer in lab rats, but they were injected with VERY large amounts. I don't know how that compares with humans putting some in their tea. Oh well...I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners, but I don't think you're going to die from them unless you maybe...inject it like a drug. :idontknow:

I sure do!! I use whatever sweetener is available. I feel like a freak using regular sugar. Then I need like 5 packs. Normal coffee, I am fine, but the stuff at the Church is soooooooooooo strong!
[quote name='MrsFrozen' post='1147991' date='Dec 23 2006, 05:40 AM']
Wow, you must like it really sweet!!

I thought aspartame was dangerous only in very large quantities?

In any case, I use Splenda.
[/quote]