An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholicism

Akalyte

sometimes I get angry, but I realize that anti-catholics actually prove that we are correct! and we do belong to the true church.

I'm thinking, 50,000 denominations, saying "catholics dont read the bible" catholics this, catholics that" then there are the mormon sects, the jehovah witness sects, all the same coming out of all of them "catholics are pagans" catholics are accursed" catholics hate the bible" (although overwhelmingly history shows the catholic church put both the new and old testament together)and we are the ones united under one head.

They say We dont know the bible and we hate the bible, when they are the ones with countless versions with countless errors and perversions and they cant even agree with each other on what the bible does or does not teach!! Yet every group has this obsession with proving the catholic church wrong. I find it ironic that each one of the groups, testify that the Catholic Church is actually the True church, by causing the division and seperation they cause.

I've heard a lot of different numbers...anywhere form 6,000-50,000....i'd guess it's somewhere in there :). the one i've heard most frequently was 25,000

thessalonian

Hey, the fact that they are all against us and that, in union with the KKK, abortionists, aetheists, Nazi's, Communists, etc. etc. should tell you that where you are at is the place to be. :)

Don't be mad however. Be sad. For they cannot see their way out of their ignorance and prejudice. :(

Edited by thessalonian

HeavenlyCalling

Ah, anti-catholic attacks, what fun. In a way I am glad to have those people ( the ones who ask intelligent questions, that is ), they only make me look deeper and fall in love more with my faith. Plus I can always go the Vatican website to make sure I am right on dogma, where can they go, the little lost lambs?

White Knight

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1155457' date='Jan 3 2007, 06:39 PM']
I've heard a lot of different numbers...anywhere form 6,000-50,000....i'd guess it's somewhere in there :). the one i've heard most frequently was 25,000
[/quote]

Thats about right thats the new high I believe. the most recent number Ive heard was even between 20,000 - 26,000. its hard to get an estimate.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1155463' date='Jan 4 2007, 03:42 AM']
Hey, the fact that they are all against us and that, in union with the KKK, abortionists, aetheists, Nazi's, Communists, etc. etc. should tell you that where you are at is the place to be. :)

Don't be mad however. Be sad. For they cannot see their way out of their ignorance and prejudice. :(
[/quote]

And at the top of the list is Lucifer. He hates the Church of Jesus Christ.

Knight of the Holy Rosary

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1155463' date='Jan 3 2007, 07:42 PM']
[/quote]

:(

Anything4Him

See the sad thing is most Catholics don't know how to defend their church without getting defensive. When someone comes up to you with an attack about our church, you need to know how to defend it.

I tried to join another inter-religious forum, but they wouldn't let me on and I asked for a reason and it was because I was Catholic.

Hate to break it to the anti-Catholics, but we are the original church instituted by CHRIST himself, not Martin Luther or John Calvin or whoever.

The [i]only[/i] church instituted by Christ that follows the tradition of the Apostles.

Today is the feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, a former Anglican who saw a Corpus Christi procession in Italy and asked her friend, "Why do they do that?" and her friend replied, "Because Catholics believe that little piece of bread is Jesus..." Ann Seton replied "I wish I could believe that" and went home to America and started taking courses to become a Catholic.

We need to pray that our public demonstration of the Eucharist may bring a change of heart to anti-Catholics...

Without the priests there is no Eucharist, without the Eucharist there is no church, without the church... there is no hoope...

Peace of Christ,
TUCKER M

catholimaniac

Yeah, the fact that just about everyone is kicking the rock tells me that I'm exactly in the place where I need to be.

Pax,

Tad

Anything4Him

[quote name='JP3' post='1155891' date='Jan 4 2007, 08:11 AM']
And at the top of the list is Lucifer. He hates the Church of Jesus Christ.
[/quote]

I totally agree with you on that.

Lucifer isn't afraid of us... he is afraid of Christ in us.

I myself am a convert to the faith from protestantism. the truth behind [i]most[/i] prostestants is that their faith is very ego centric. they rather believe that their own interpretations of scripture supercede over the teachings of 2,000 years of faith tradition. many blaspheme as they reject the most sacred eucharist and instead make themselves content with mere symbols of some dinner that happened. they demand that everyone be "born again" in order to be saved not realizing that everyday the declaration to obedience to God's will is necessary. it is why Catholics make the sign of the cross with holy water everytime they enter into sacred space in order to remember that their promise to remain with the teachings of Christ Jesus. It is why we have reconcilliation, as we realize that there are actions that remove us from the ability to fully recieve the grace of Jesus. Protestants vainly believe they can proclaim an article of faith once and all is right when it is daily communion with God and regular reception of the sacred Eucharist that is necessary for our good health.

i would not be a seminarian now if i did not believe so ardently in these tenets of faith. I believe the Catholic Church is the BEST vehicle of truth this world has. As the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith stated in Dominus Iesus, "the ecclesial communities which have not preserved the valid Episcopate and the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic mystery, are not Churches in the proper sense" and although they are members of the Christian faith through merit of their baptism, their's is an imperfect union. incidently, Iesus Dominus is excellent reading and i believe it would serve your interest in this particular topic quite well. you can find it at [url="http://www.vatican.va"]The Holy See[/url] or you can google, Dominus Iesus.

Jack Chick brought me back to the Church. Well not entirely, but he was the impetus that set in motion a huge chain of events and thoughts. What happened is that I found an historical error in one of his claims about the pivotal Battle of Milvian Bridge regarding what was painted on the shields of Constantine's soldiers. It was a claim easily refuted by a standard history of Christianity published in the 1950's by a certain K S Latourette(sp?). That led me to consider that there might be other errors in his comics that might be harder to spot. So began my search for the truth. It was a long search, punctuated by long lapses where I was more concerned with more basic and pressing matters. But, it began with this simple historical blunder. Jack Chick's work started to undo the damage done in me by the disgraced (and disgraceful) Fr. Charles Chiniquy. That's more than a little bit ironic, I suppose!

MissScripture

[quote name='Staretz' post='1157232' date='Jan 6 2007, 12:34 AM']
Jack Chick brought me back to the Church. Well not entirely, but he was the impetus that set in motion a huge chain of events and thoughts. What happened is that I found an historical error in one of his claims about the pivotal Battle of Milvian Bridge regarding what was painted on the shields of Constantine's soldiers. It was a claim easily refuted by a standard history of Christianity published in the 1950's by a certain K S Latourette(sp?). That led me to consider that there might be other errors in his comics that might be harder to spot. So began my search for the truth. It was a long search, punctuated by long lapses where I was more concerned with more basic and pressing matters. But, it began with this simple historical blunder. Jack Chick's work started to undo the damage done in me by the disgraced (and disgraceful) Fr. Charles Chiniquy. That's more than a little bit ironic, I suppose!
[/quote]
:hehe: That's funny! Just goes to show that God really does work in mysterious ways!

I've really heard much discussion of catholicism, for or againts at churches that I have gone to.