An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent Prayer Request

cathoholic_anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

This will go in the Prayer Room as well, but I wanted to put it in the Vocation Station because this is where I post most often and I want it to be seen by as many people as possible.

On Thursday a close friend of mine is being taken to a 'safe house' to give a video interview to the police. She has a long and painful history of sexual abuse, beginning when she was seven years old. It drove her to self-harm, chronic anorexia, and attempted suicide. She's now been in a psychiatric hospital for over a year. She's fifteen years old.

Now her doctors have judged her well enough to talk to the police, and God has blessed her with the courage to do it. She's going to tell them everything about her rapist if she can manage it. This will be difficult for her, as he was a trusted family friend and he manipulated her so badly that she came to believe that a.) she deserved the way he treated her and b.) he is the only one who cares about her.

Please pray that my friend has the courage to say everything to the police. Pray that this man will plead guilty, as it will spare her the ordeal of a long, drawn-out trial. She really doesn't need that on top of everything else. Pray that she recovers mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Pray for her family to be strengthened, especially her little brother.

It would be nice if you could say the Divine Mercy Chaplet, as this is the devotion I use most often when thinking of her.

I'll definitely be praying. That's horrible what she's gone through. :( She must be very close to the heart of Jesus.

oh goodness. she most certainly has my prayers. what a horrible thing she's gone through. i'll have others pray for her too. God bless.

Oh I will definately be keeping her, and all in her family and those working with her case in my prayers, may our dear lord comfort and help them all through this most difficult time!

God Bless you!

Divine_Mercy504

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1157998' date='Jan 7 2007, 08:40 AM']
It would be nice if you could say the Divine Mercy Chaplet, as this is the devotion I use most often when thinking of her.
[/quote]

I wil certainly do this. May God grant her courage and strength! :bigpray:

God Bless,
Rachel

That is a shame. I will keep her in my constant prayers. :pray: God Bless her!
-uruviel

Edited by uruviel

DiscerningSoul

I will keep her in my prayers also, as well as everyone else including the assulter, that he may come foward and addmit guilt.

God Bless you for being a good friend to her. :saint: