An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent Prayer Request

cathoholic_anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

Thank you so much, everyone

Last night I managed to get her to say she would read Psalm 23 this morning - this was her favourite psalm when she used to believe in God. I hope that she really has done it and wasn't just promising to keep me happy. She was scared last night, as you can imagine.

Her police interview is in half an hour. (10.00am British time.)

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

My friend, whom I will call Sophia (not her real name), took another overdose last Saturday - not quite two days after she gave a video interview to the police. I still don't know how she managed to get hold of the tablets - possibly when she was home on weekend leave. She was released from intensive care and transferred back to the adolescent psychiatric unit yesterday afternoon.

This is her third serious suicide attempt, and her intensive care stays are getting longer and longer. Her liver is damaged badly. If this happens again, I don't know whether she will be able to survive.

I spoke to a twenty-year-old woman who has also been hospitalised on numerous occasions for similar reasons to Sophia, asking her for advice. She said, "Sophia doesn't want to die. She just wants the pain to end."

I don't know how I can help her. I feel so powerless. Please pray.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I will pray. I know others who have come through this, too. I pray for her to experience God's healing in this. And for the person who abused her, that that person may come to God. And may God give you wisdom, and peace in this, too.

Shukran_Allah

You expired, O Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, empty yourself out upon us and envelop the whole world. O Blood and water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us, I place my trust in You.

--

Mother of Sorrows, your heart was pierced by a sword of sorrows as you gazed upon the suffering and death of your beloved Jesus. I come before you with confidence that you will help me, for in your wounded, sorrowing heart I find a place of comfort and peace. I beg you, Mother of the Savior, to listen to my request: ...

For to whom shall I have recourse in my needs if not to you, Mother of compassion and love? As you gazed upon your dying Jesus, you united your fiat to His cry of surrender, "Father, into Your hands, I surrender my spirit." I unite myself to you, Mother of mercy and beg you to unite my sufferings with yours and offer them to Jesus. For you are our life, our sweetness, and our hope. Amen.

---

Praying for your friend, you, and all concerned. God be with you.

Edited by Shukran_Allah

cathoholic_anonymous

I heard from her today. She sounded resigned to life, but not in a good way. She just remarked that she is being kept under more or less constant observation by no fewer than two people at a time. I know her well enough to tell that she is just biding her time until she gets another chance to make an attempt on her life. She puts all her hope in the suicide attempt around the corner.

How wonderful it would be if she could only put that hope in Christ.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

St Therese of Lisieux, pray for her.