An Old School Catholic Message Board

Girl Entering With The Poor Clares

cathoholic_anonymous

the lords sheep

Very beautiful community... Many prayers for her as she continues to discern.

Question though, did any body notice at the bottom of the home page it says: [quote]For young men and women from the ages of 18—35[/quote]
????

Do this mean they are a brother and sister community who share an Island? or is that just a typo by whoever made the website (there's a company listed that's not the Sisters.....

cathoholic_anonymous

It doesn't say that on my computer. :unsure: This is what I see at the foot of the homepage:

[quote]We are an enclosed contemplative community of Poor Clare sisters whose monastery is in Nuns’ Island, Galway, Ireland. In fact we have been here in Galway for centuries, right back to 1642, having come through various stages from our beginnings in Gravelines, northern France, where some young Irish women had gone in search of religious life intent on returning to Ireland when persecution abated. Begun in those far off days, the same life of daily prayer and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, is ours today. See History.[/quote]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1244197' date='Apr 15 2007, 07:54 AM']Very beautiful community... Many prayers for her as she continues to discern.

Question though, did any body notice at the bottom of the home page it says:
????

Do this mean they are a brother and sister community who share an Island? or is that just a typo by whoever made the website (there's a company listed that's not the Sisters.....[/quote]
I saw that too... it doesn't seem to be in the right place at all there under the link to the copyright information...
Don't know what they mean by that... perhaps it is a leftover of some sort?

cathoholic_anonymous

I see it now. I don't know what it means. There are certainly no monks or friars on Nuns' Island. :unsure: As it is positioned in such an odd place, it is probably a mistake.