Akalyte Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 (edited) I'm still trying to get this done... I still need: Writers and Artists. The Catholic Apologetics Tracts "Apologia" Here is a pic of what I came up with for the first issue. [img]http://www.akalyte.com/apologia.jpg[/img] Every tract booklet will have a catholic testimony and article on catholic life. There will be a page that can be cut out with apologetics on typical teachings that are questioned and attacked. with a bunch of scriptural references. kind of like a apologetics cheat sheet. haha every issue with have a history of the bible in the beginning, making it clear where the bible came from. we can have articles with biographies of saints and popes. Those who have agreed to help with this, let me know whats going on. Also if possible I would like to get a Priests homily for each issue. From what ive witnessed, booklet like this are really needed.. Edited January 14, 2007 by Akalyte
heavenseeker Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 cool, makes me wish i could help with it
Akalyte Posted January 14, 2007 Author Posted January 14, 2007 bump. I want to change "operating in the fullness of truth" any suggestions yall? btw, the cover article is done.
Akalyte Posted January 14, 2007 Author Posted January 14, 2007 We'll need an article on the Trinity, defending the trinity. This will be for the mormons, jehovah witnesses and modalists.
Akalyte Posted January 15, 2007 Author Posted January 15, 2007 What is done and what we need: Cover article- "Catholic truth in today's society" done and edited by cmom. Article on the trinity still needed (for the jehovah witnesses, mormons and oneness pentecostals or "modalists". Article on The Blessed Virgin Mary is needed. Article on the Eucharist still needed. (I'm thinking about writing this one) Article on the Papacy still needed. Article on the history of the bible, (which will be added to every issue) We need a apologetics cheat sheet for every issue, which can be cut out. We also need a brief history of the Church for every issue. A Biography of a Saint is needed. (a different saint for each issue) maybe we can add a page with catholic prayers. also, im having a hardtime figuring out how im going to create the booklet with word and photoshop. Anyone have experience in that area?
prose Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 [quote name='Akalyte' post='1164228' date='Jan 14 2007, 06:06 AM'] bump. I want to change "operating in the fullness of truth" any suggestions yall? btw, the cover article is done. [/quote] I agree that you should change that too.... Not sure to what though.
Akalyte Posted January 15, 2007 Author Posted January 15, 2007 [quote name='viking' post='1165968' date='Jan 15 2007, 03:35 PM'] looks great. What should the price be? [/quote] umm no price,its going to be free.
Akalyte Posted January 16, 2007 Author Posted January 16, 2007 ok so i decided its going to be a magazine, each article printed on a normal size sheet of paper, i already got the cover and back done on hard glossy paper, i must admit it looks awesome!. It's going to be titled "Apologia" Catholic apologetics Magazine.
Akalyte Posted January 17, 2007 Author Posted January 17, 2007 Update: Catholic Truth in Today's Society, article is finished and edited. Article on the Eucharist is being edited.
Noel's angel Posted January 17, 2007 Posted January 17, 2007 I wish I could be of assistance, but 1. I fear I wouldn't have the ability to do an article justice and 2. I wouldnt be able to write anything until 24th Jan. at the earliest. Sounds great btw
Akalyte Posted January 17, 2007 Author Posted January 17, 2007 [quote name='Noel's angel' post='1168242' date='Jan 17 2007, 01:38 PM'] I wish I could be of assistance, but 1. I fear I wouldn't have the ability to do an article justice and 2. I wouldnt be able to write anything until 24th Jan. at the earliest. Sounds great btw [/quote] Well the magazine wont be done for a while so there is plenty of time. Update: I got a cool article on the history of the bible that's going directly behind the cover. This is starting to take shape. Sweeeeeeeeet.
N/A Gone Posted January 17, 2007 Posted January 17, 2007 I know a good site, with a good writer. You might wanna check it out and ask him. [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26941796"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26941796[/url]
Akalyte Posted January 17, 2007 Author Posted January 17, 2007 [quote name='Revprodeji' post='1168408' date='Jan 17 2007, 06:06 PM'] I know a good site, with a good writer. You might wanna check it out and ask him. [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26941796"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26941796[/url] [/quote] the link doesnt seem to work correctly.
phatcatholic Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 mc.........what about all the links i gave you a while back when you were requesting submissions? was any of that helpful. i know i already had most of those topics covered that you said you still needed stuff for.
Kristen Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 St. Francis De Sales would be a great saint to cover for an apologetics magazine, also Cardinal John Henry Newman.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now