Knight of the Holy Rosary Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 If you could sit down and eat dinner for one evening with anyone living or dead...who would you choose? The rules are: It can't be a person in the Most Blessed Trinity or The Blessed Mother....Those are easy I would want to eat dinner with St. Padre Pio.....or my Guardian Angel.
suuran Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 Hm...well, given that an angel wouldn't eat dinner, I'll stick with a human . St. Patrick, maybe, assuming he'd be given the power to speak English or I'd be able to speak Latin. Or one from among Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and U. S. Grant.
Knight of the Holy Rosary Posted January 14, 2007 Author Posted January 14, 2007 [quote]Hm...well, given that an angel wouldn't eat dinner, I'll stick with a human .[/quote] I didn't even think about that!
alicemary Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 I would dearly love to have a meal one more time with my Dad who has been dead for over 30 years and my Mom for 10 years.
KnightofChrist Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 (edited) [quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1164523' date='Jan 14 2007, 06:24 PM'] If you could sit down and eat dinner for one evening with anyone living or dead...who would you choose? The rules are: It can't be a person in the Most Blessed Trinity or The Blessed Mother....Those are easy I would want to eat dinner with St. Padre Pio.....or my Guardian Angel. [/quote] Jesus Christ and/or St. Michael Edited January 14, 2007 by KnightofChrist
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted January 14, 2007 Posted January 14, 2007 (edited) Peter and Paul. Two of the greatest evangelists of all time. I'd also like to meet St. Ignatius of Loyola and a whole host of others. I would say St. Michael the Archangel (my confirmation patron) but as Jalazar alluded to, he has no body! Edited January 14, 2007 by thedude
Moneybags Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 Hard choice. It would definitely be a canonized saint. I would probably choose St. Pius X
Didymus Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 I would take in Chinese with JPII, Cliff Burton, and dUSt
Mercy me Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 [quote name='Didymus' post='1164771' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:03 PM'] I would take in Chinese with JPII, Cliff Burton, and dUSt [/quote]
Catholictothecore Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 Dr. Suess.... or, quite possably, George "Buck" Weaver of the 1919 Chicago White Sox. One of the eight men banned from baseball for "consorting with gamblers," even though there really wasn't any evidence against him [i]alone[/i]. Mind, the rest (except Joe Jackson) where about as crooked as a pre-teen's teeth.
Totus Tuus Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 (edited) John Paul the Great. I really like the guardian angel idea, too Edited January 15, 2007 by Totus Tuus
Resurrexi Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 Probably St. John the Apostle and Evangelist.
HisChild Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 Yea I'm liking the whole guardian angel possibility as well. Just because we sit down for dinner doesn't mean we have to eat, right? LOL But seriously. . .St Pio and St Teresa of Avila. Oh yes, and my friend Sr Mary William OP (cloistered) who died of cancer 2 yrs ago.
MissScripture Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 My Grandpa...from the time before he had Alzheimer's.
God Conquers Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 I'd hit the pub with Chesterton, Belloc, Lewis and Tolkien.
Sojourner Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 I'd sit in on Cmom and GC's dinners. Maybe we could have a group party.
franciscanheart Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 dUSt. If it was a Saint, I probably wouldn't even eat.
uruviel Posted January 15, 2007 Posted January 15, 2007 hmmm.... either my Guardian Angel, or St. Francis of Assisi.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now