Lil'Monster Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 canadians make me cry........so does texans
Jesus_lol Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322708581' post='2343035'] The national average is pretty high, but J_Lol and I are both here and we're anomalous outliers, so we jack the average up pretty splendidly. Best to look at the national median... [/quote] yup, nothing like the bearded canadian mafia, with american ladies on their arms to make a pub go silent in respect. I wear red plaid, and have a concealed carry permit for my chainsaw.
Nihil Obstat Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 [quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1322715553' post='2343089'] yup, nothing like the bearded canadian mafia, with american ladies on their arms to make a pub go silent in respect. I wear red plaid, and have a concealed carry permit for my chainsaw. [/quote] What, you bother with a permit? I carry a sawed-off chainsaw because [of that thing NWA said which I won't repeat here].
Jesus_lol Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 The permit is so i dont have to go on a witness killing spree and high speed escape when a mountie inquires about the bulge(chainsaw, jeez people) in my pantaloons. Im not going back to jail man.
Nihil Obstat Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 [quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1322716244' post='2343092'] The permit is so i dont have to go on a witness killing spree and high speed escape when a mountie inquires about the bulge(chainsaw, jeez people) in my pantaloons. Im not going back to jail man. [/quote] It's a'ight man, I got friends on the inside who owe me a few favours. You know that time in Donnie Brasco where they all get sent to prison? Or was that Goodfellas? Anyway, they're basically kings of the prison in that. It would be like that except even more so. You'd live better than the guards. Plus I can pull a few strings (there's a chainsaw attachment app for that) to get you an official pardon afterwards. Basically a free vacation.
Jesus_lol Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322718156' post='2343096'] It's a'ight man, I got friends on the inside who owe me a few favours. You know that time in Donnie Brasco where they all get sent to prison? Or was that Goodfellas? Anyway, they're basically kings of the prison in that. It would be like that except even more so. You'd live better than the guards. Plus I can pull a few strings (there's a chainsaw attachment app for that) to get you an official pardon afterwards. Basically a free vacation. [/quote] I believe it was Goodfellas. I dont watch that many Gangster films... between living the life daily, and being asked by hollywood to step into the badass pantaloons, i have to devote the rest of my morning to hunting polar bears. I just use sharpened sticks to make it a fair fight.
Lil Red Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 Of the Canadians I know, it's split 60/40 on if I like them
Oremoose Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 I Just found out that Epic Meal Time is Canadian!
Nihil Obstat Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 [quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1322782593' post='2343394'] I Just found out that Epic Meal Time is Canadian! [/quote] Also most of the voice actresses from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and more of the secondary characters, sets, and extras from The X-Files. No need to thank us. We already know what an important contribution we've made.
BG45 Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 Actually a lot of amesome television is shot in Toronto. When I was in Toronto for a conference, the hotel I stayed in was directly in front of city hall. I looked out my window and went "oh man, that's the city hall from Resident Evil!"
Nihil Obstat Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 Vancouver and the Toronto area especially get some good filming business because you can't tell them apart from a major American city, and it's significantly cheaper to work there. Then for natural settings there's some great stuff in Alberta too, and the BC interior.
Oremoose Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1322784864' post='2343415'] Actually a lot of amesome television is shot in Toronto. When I was in Toronto for a conference, the hotel I stayed in was directly in front of city hall. I looked out my window and went "oh man, that's the city hall from Resident Evil!" [/quote] LIKE PSYCH!!
Jesus_lol Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322794781' post='2343506'] Vancouver and the Toronto area especially get some good filming business because you can't tell them apart from a major American city, and it's significantly cheaper to work there. Then for natural settings there's some great stuff in Alberta too, and the BC interior. [/quote] yeah Vancouver is like Seattle but prettier. many times watching movies it says "Seattle" but my family is like "aww hell naw, that skyline be from North Van! and now they are in Jericho beach!"
Vincent Vega Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 I've been to Toronto. I liked it. I also liked what I could see of it from Detroit.
Starets Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 toronto City Hall was also in a ST:TNG episode. I've seen it and i thought it was much more impressive on television than in real life.
BG45 Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 I'll agree on it being better looking in film. But yeah, Stargate SG-1 made great use of Canadian pine forests in those areas too. They even joked about it once, "Do you ever notice how everything always looks the same?"
Nihil Obstat Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 Brokeback Mountain was filmed in the Canadian Rockies, about an hour's drive from where I live. Stupid movie, of course, but great setting. [img]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/675/675510/brokeback-mountain-20051213061537535.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now