An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone Here

hopeful1

GodsThespianChic

Ok, I'm in public school and I haven't had a bad experience in Psych...in fact, I loved the class. I took psych 1 and 2 and I'm taking AP Psych next year (my senior year). I never had a problem with the teacher or the content...

If a teacher ever says your faith is "voodoo" stand up and beat the "verbal" daylights out of him/her.

I've actually done that. It was great. She didn't say it was voodoo though, she said it was unnecessary, silly nonsense. I didn't like that, so I let her have it.

My Intro to World Religion prof was an athiest, and once I flunked a pop quiz and told me that I need to ask the BVM for answers next time.

But he made fun of everyone's religion too. This Baptist girl had it worse than me because he was raised that and he hated it the most :(

Another prof was an ex-priest and I can't repeat the stuff he said sometimes.

On the bright side of course, they are making you think about what you believe and why you believe it! Just make sure you read around the subject, and most importantly, that you are strong in your knowledge of your faith, so that you can clearly refute what they are saying......

I may not have a 28 day cycle but I do know when I'm about to have it.

It never surprises does it?! ;)

thanks for the support Mrs. Brother Adam

on a somewhat related note, how common is it statistically for women to ovulate during their period (sorry guys)? That was something else he brought up too. Anyone know?

Mrs. Bro. Adam

thanks for the support Mrs. Brother Adam

on a somewhat related note, how common is it statistically for women to ovulate during their period (sorry guys)? That was something else he brought up too. Anyone know?

When a woman is on the period part of her cycle she bleeds because the egg is being released. I don't think it's that common to ovulate during the actual period because her egg is leaving or is being replaced by another. However, it is possible for the man's sperm to stay in her body up to three days ( I think) but I could be wrong.

im sure this is all makingyou stonger hopeful1. if ever it comes up, and you feel u might need to, dont be afreaid to challenge. idk what kind of professor u have and i hope it wouldnt make them prejudice against you, but maybe there's something u can do. idk, i dont want to make any trouble for you though...not to say thats what will happen. anyway, i worry too much abou those things.

I'll pray for ya!!

Taking psych. as we speak at a Baptist university. Don't really have a problem with it, well since my prof is apart of the music ministry at one of the biggest churches in this city. He teaches the course well and his Christian perspective is refreshing. I'll just have to see if theology turns into a source of debate in that class lol. ~S.