An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shawn Hannity

RezaMikhaeil

Good thing you guys are all 'better Catholics' that Shaun.

It would not be hard to find Bishops and Cardinals who agree with Shaun. But they're old school or something, and couldn't change with the times.

[quote name='Dave' post='1178941' date='Jan 28 2007, 09:17 PM']
From EWTN:
[/quote]

+
This is SO important to note. Disagreeing about Iraq and disagreeing about doctrine are two completely different things.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1178859' date='Jan 28 2007, 08:09 PM']
From what I'd heard Shawn Hannity claims to be a Roman Catholic but how does that affect his political views? From what I understand his stances [several of them] highly contradict what the Roman Church stands for [such as his pro-execution stance], so how does that work in regards to his interaction with the church? Is he forbid from taking the Eucharist or how does that work?

Reza
[/quote]

Sean Hannity is a Roman Catholic and clearly it does color his views. I only that he is against abortion and I have not heard him directly say that he supports it in the case of rape or incest. I think that these issues give him a problem and that he has not sorted it out yet.

There has been a great deal of discussion on this board about both the war in Iraq and about the death penalty. It is not against the church to support the death penalty. May church officials including the pope do not support it but the church herself cannot say it is wrong in all cases. You can read the various threads for more information.

I can't think of any Catholic politicials who have been denied communion. Kennedy, Kerry, and Pelosi all openly support abortion even partial birth abortion and yet they have not been denied communion.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1179161' date='Jan 28 2007, 11:01 PM']
Sean Hannity is a Roman Catholic and clearly it does color his views. I only that he is against abortion and I have not heard him directly say that he supports it in the case of rape or incest. I think that these issues give him a problem and that he has not sorted it out yet.

There has been a great deal of discussion on this board about both the war in Iraq and about the death penalty. It is not against the church to support the death penalty. May church officials including the pope do not support it but the church herself cannot say it is wrong in all cases. You can read the various threads for more information.

I can't think of any Catholic politicials who have been denied communion. Kennedy, Kerry, and Pelosi all openly support abortion even partial birth abortion and yet they have not been denied communion.
[/quote]

Yeah I'm not posetive but I did hear that John Kerry did have some troubles with accepting communion during his campaign believe it or not. I dont know what came of it, just that it was an issue with his local priest [and bishop too I think].

Reza

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1178983' date='Jan 29 2007, 01:43 AM']
He has also stated he is for abortion or will allow for abortion is some case "rape or incest." And has also stated something along the lines when voting for a person that is proabortion not to be a "one issue" voter, and not to die on that hill.
[/quote]

I think you need to clarify his views. From what you said, we don't get the full picture.
He might be against all abortion morally, but believe that 3% of abortions should be legal. After all, everybody draws a line somewhere on government coercion on each moral issue. When it comes to rape, the woman did not choose to be pregnant.
The "one issue" voter thing can be hard to accept too. There are people who genuinely believe that abortions would not diminish if made illegal. There are people who genuinely believe that environmental damage will (or at least can) ultimately kill more people than abortion.
Also, not all Republicans are pro-life. When given the choice between two pro-choice candidates, Sean might take the Republican instead of a pro-life third party candidate. There was a "Ralph Nader" type of Republican who ran against Rudy Guiliani, because Guiliani is pro-choice. Maybe Sean thinks that was the wrong move. It would only help the pro-choice Democrat that Guiliani ran against.
If he is truly in favor of contraception, then....he could be deceived about what belongs in the deposit of faith and what does not.

Just some possibilities.

wow, i never heard he's for contraception, but I always assumed he was fully against abortion. I never really researched him.

Edited by Didymus

I listen to him on my drive home at night. I have never heard him support contraception either. I have heard the Catechism quoted on his show.

• 2 years later...

I enjoy watching his program although I like the factor with the Mr. O more.
I also liked the show better when alan was on with him.
He just seems to much of a "hater" most of the time.
I know that is his style and all but it gets tired.

Edited by Guest

Lilllabettt

Mr. Hannity is for contraception. But that is not the reason I refuse to watch him. I do not watch him because he is an example of the intellectual poverty which has swallowed the modern conservative movement as of late. He is, like Ann Coulter, vacuous entertainment.

As a conservative, I find it deeply embarrassing that he and Miss. Coulter might be considered the popular "faces" of the movement.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1835633' date='Apr 14 2009, 07:20 PM']Mr. Hannity is for contraception. But that is not the reason I refuse to watch him. I do not watch him because he is an example of the intellectual poverty which has swallowed the modern conservative movement as of late. He is, like Ann Coulter, vacuous entertainment.

As a conservative, I find it deeply embarrassing that he and Miss. Coulter might be considered the popular "faces" of the movement.[/quote]

Ya I dunno why I watch it I just sorta got hooked on fox news durning election time and still continue to watch it. Ann Coulter needs to learn some humility or something. At least she's easy on the eyes. ( I think )

Edited by Guest